Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Ice DOH

Onepocket

Is it production legal? I called blade tech and she told me it depends on your body type WTF??? I ordered a BOSS hanger but it won't be here in time. I think I'm done with blade tech.

Blade tech is great gear. The people there know next to nothing about competition rules for the various disciplines.

Legal as described but it should be measured on a particular gun to make sure it meets the rule book requirement

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top

of the belt, except as specified in Appendix D, or otherwise indicated

in Rule 5.2.8.

2010 Edition of the rule book

Edited by pjb45

Blade tech is great gear. The people there know next to nothing about competition rules for the various disciplines

Sarge, if its advertised as production legal it should be. I should not have to be a fatty to be legal with their products.

You have to shim or bend the hanger to get the grip to within 2 inches of the inside belt. I have one, once I did that ( I used a torch and heated it up and bent it) it was totally in compliance.

Im fluffy, definitely not the biggest guy out there, but I dont often miss a meal. So cant comment on if you you need to be fat, but my wife wears it now. She is most definitely not fat. In case she reads this, she is very pretty too.

The 2 inch rule has been around for a long time. In all the A2, WSSSC, and Nationals matches, I have never heard of anyone being measured.

Edited by pjb45

Blade tech is great gear. The people there know next to nothing about competition rules for the various disciplines

Sarge, if its advertised as production legal it should be. I should not have to be a fatty to be legal with their products.

I hear you but my guess is the holster was submitted and approved. However depending on shapes and sizes of shooters it is rare that the DOH hanger does not have to be shimmed or bent to bring the gun within the 2" rule.

I have also seen one or two that allowed the gun to be a little too low. That's a little harder to adjust but it can still be made legal. If I recall those were Glocks on really skinny kids.

So production legal should actually say," production legal if checked, and adjusted as needed".

The 2 inch rule has been around for a long time. In all the A2, WSSSC, and Nationals matches, I have never heard of anyone being measured.

I can tell you very specifically that at this years WSSSC they did in fact measure. I got measured by our very own StealthyBlagga. He measured everyone at the match as they came through his stage.

Sounds like him.

Steve caught me with a holster that was a tad bit lower at A2, he said if I showed up at WSSSC he would move me to Open. I corrected it A2 and WSSSC was fine.

WSSSC is a great match, first because of the standards that Kyle sets up and second because they follow the rules.

Like I have said before I think a lot of folks are being checked and don't even know it. It's pretty easy to see an out of spec piece of gear with just a casual glance. 1/8th" probably not but anything more than that really sticks out. I find grip plugs, holsters, etc on my stages when I run them. Some get by on occasion but most get caught. I don't measure anything though. I just call the RM to the stage and tell him what I think I see and he checks it. Local matches, all of the more experienced shooters are generally trying to keep the newer guys in line so they don't get caught later on.

Sounds like him.

Steve caught me with a holster that was a tad bit lower at A2, he said if I showed up at WSSSC he would move me to Open. I corrected it A2 and WSSSC was fine.

WSSSC is a great match, first because of the standards that Kyle sets up and second because they follow the rules.

For sure! No rule goes un-followed.

And yeah it really is great to have standards and I wish more matches had them, like back in the day, even though I love to hate them. :devil:

Edited by StraightUp_OG

What level matches do they start inforcing the rules? Nationals only??? I'm new to the USPSA thing but the rules seem to be null and void in the matches I have been to. I really don't care I'm just trying to follow the rules.

What level matches do they start inforcing the rules? Nationals only??? I'm new to the USPSA thing but the rules seem to be null and void in the matches I have been to. I really don't care I'm just trying to follow the rules.

I hear you. I think some are afraid to enforce rules because they don't want to be known as the rules Nazi. At my local matches we try to enforce rules as much as possible keeping in mind that after I get everybody registered, do a shooters meeting, make sure a new shooters brief is done, make sure stages are set up legal, I still want to shoot and have a little fun. So no, I am not walking around looking at every shooters gear all day long. I do a quick look when I see a new shooter that I have never seen before. I make sure they know what is allowed in the division they chose, etc.

When a local MD is maxed out like I am above SAFETY becomes the number one priority. As much as I hate to admit it, at my match a safety infraction resulting in a DQ is more likely than a shooter getting caught with an illegal holster for his division, but I do try.

In a small way I feel us local guys owe it to our shooters to try as hard as we can to enforce rules. I would hate for one of my customers to go to an area match and get bumped from Production to Open because I let something slide.

• 4 months later...

If it helps anyone. I have two dropped offset Bladetechs.

The holster for a 4.5 XDM is at about 2.5" from inner CR speed belt. The USP Tactical holster is around 2.25-2.5". You will likely have to shim or heat the thing up and bend.

Edited by compulsion1984

• 3 weeks later...

If they tell you that it depends on your body type, then clearly they know about the two inch rule. They can't account for all the different types of belt, or the different attachment types you might want, either, come to think of it. Drop it too much and it won't be legal, and if you have skinny little Tweety Bird legs that make the muzzle hang too far inward, it might not be legal either. If you're all right fiddling with the BOSS, you will be okay figuring out how to hang a Blade-Tech attachment.