Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SE Tactical 3 Gun Championship

Well the game is set, I will be match director and with the able help of the Alabama gang and crew from Campbell, we will have an awesome tactical (non USPSA) 3 gun match. Gun rules similiar to RM3G and Kyles, scoring any two full diameter hits and target is good, time added for no shoots, and failing to neutalize targets, rifle needs a sling, no ports, comps, or stinking speed loaders for your shotguns, no ports or optics on handguns, service type holsters, pistol on for all stages, rifle shots from 1 to 275 yards. look forward to everyone coming, expect fun blasting stages, as close to balanced stages as can be managed. $125 limited to the first 100 entries. Applications and info to follow this weekend on seshooting.com Benny, I hope you are free to come play, I need a chance to redeem myself. Please spread the word Jeff B)

Sorry for the delay, computer problems have kept me from getting back in this and getting the apps up will be up soon hopefully have the bugs out of this infernal machine, had the priest due the exorcism and drive the gremlins out, hopfully the rat posion will keep them away. Thanks for all the support on the shotgun match, hope ya'll liked the article. Be back in touch soon. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, what AH said.

Thanks for the heads up that I will be, sorry, we will be helping you run the match.

Look forward to setting up some great stages that will physically challenge the shooter.

What's so un-tactical about open class? All open shooters compete against only open shooters just like tactical or limited or he-man... as for wallering around in mud & dirt, let the best one win! If an open shooter doesn't want to waller in the mud with his open blasters, then don't come! But I don't think you should exclude open class in a match because you are excluding some very good 3gunners that would like to compete... it is YOUR match however, so fill yer boots!

As for speed type holsters, limited shooters use them tooooo...

I have been to a couple of matches that in multi-gun stages the HOT HOLSTERED pistol was used AFTER a long gun, so running with a open pistol in a speed holster is kinda sacry for sure. So to battle that problem, I now have a kydex holster for my open pistol. It took some mods but it holds the pistol as well as if it was without comp/red dot/etc. I can make more if there is an interest... pm me...

both my long guns have red dots on them, and my rifle has an ACOG as well, but I have tried to go the extra mile to "tacticalize" them so they CAN take a beatin and keep on tickin! (I'm kinda rough on my stuff too...) Yea, I'd like the challenge of shooting my open stuff at a "tactical" match!

jj

This sounds fun... not too far away either... I do have a few questions though... is it a two-day match, or an "either day" kinda thing? Are there capacity limits on any of the guns? What exactly do you mean by "service-type" holsters? Duty gear? I really don't wanna get mine out of storage. :P And are optics allowed on shotguns? I guess that should do it for silly questions, sounds like a hoot.

Dan Overcast

• 1 month later...

Jeff is back in town, been travelling to the end of earth for work, cell phones don't even work there. Match is still on, sitll no open class, dates are still the same, I will appreciate all the help offered by those have spoken with, look forward to seeing all of you who have emailed or called in the past few weeks.

Shotgun match will not be in June as seen in Front Sight, that is a left over from last year it will be later in the fall and I hope to have the date firmed up by the end of this month and will not change it no matter what match gets announced on top of it after that.

So what else can I help you guys with, stages are rough designed, a couple combos, rifle out to 275, looking to have about 15 of the 100 rifle shots beyond 100 yards, pistol will be pistol distances, shotgun will be as always fast and furious.

Get those apps in, info at seshooting.com

Now I have to go visit my guns before they forget who owns them B)

No optics on shotguns, two day match if enough folks show up to warrant, I'm hoping, duty holster means your gun won't fall out if you get physical on a course while your hands are full of long gun. No extended mags on fat gun pistols, shotgun will probably be limited to 9 in the gun, some stages may dictate how many you will start with in your weapons.

I shot 600 rounds today, that brings me up to about 1000 for the year, I think I'm ready for you Mr. Hill, bring it on big boy <_<

This could work out well if I can shoot the whole match on Sunday... I'm trying to make a weekend out of the Steel City Revolver match and this match... have you decided about the one-two day format yet? Thanks, I hope I can work this out... any excuse to load up four or five guns in the car....

DanO

Benelli2,

Check and app is in the mail. And a few more from Florida will be following soon.

Are we going to be shooting the 275 yard rifle shots from the second floor patio of your home? Or maybe from inside the living room like you do when it's raining out?

Inquiring minds need to know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...