Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Bulge.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an STI with a shuemann barrel arriving this Tuesday and the previous owner says the barrel is super tight spec'd.

I bought the lee bulge buster AND the EGW U-die... figure why not really drive the point home?

All "new" (new to me) .40 brass gets BB'd and then I load using the U-die in Station 1.

Overkill? Maybe, but if it means I never get a jam........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

An update to my previous post in this thread,

I have stopped using the Bulge Buster as so far I have found my EGW U-Die to take care of all .40 bulged brass.

I literally haven't had a single round not fit the case gauge, so I simply didn't bother with the Bulge Buster anymore. If I need it in the future, I've still got it on hand.

That said, there is a very big need to say YMMV, as my buddy has been trying to load 9mm for his cz P-09 and was having major problems with 1 out of 10 rounds not fitting the gauge... the U-Die only helped a bit, but his problems have completely gone away after he employed the Bulge Buster in his reloading routine.

• 1 month later...

I have not used a case master jr but by definition a pass through sizer will size to the bottom of the case.

In fact, if the case is tapered or has a rim, that is all it will size. Thus the existence of roll sizers.

Edited by jmorris

Question; I've been loading .40 for my Glock 35 on my dillon 550 and have had no issues. Heck, I don't even use a case gauge except for a few rounds during setup. I simple gauged a few rounds when I set up the dies and all was good. But, I'm getting a 650 and I want to set things up correctly. - And after reading this thread now I'm worried - Particularly because I'm shooting more now and I'm buying once fired brass from various sources. Do you think I should replace the dillon decap/sizing die in station one with lee u die? It's short money.