Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips

Jody Waring

So, just to be clear, the VZ grips won't give me the same feel as the factory rubber grips as far as shape etc...? What Im looking for is the feel of the rubber grips with more traction, thats what I was hoping for with the VZ grips.

jody I'm in the same boat. have tried many other grips and in the end with everything else I shot worse. the ugly rubber ones were best (and added grip tape to front and back strap of the grip). The closest to what I like where the thick alloy grips from double alpha. they are really thick for an alloy grip. but i still missed the palm swell of the rubber grips. :(

yep, it was that old Glock thinking still clogging my brain ...

That's the same thing I was thinking....why can we use any and all replaceable grips in any variety of thicknesses, shapes, etc, but can't remove finger grooves or texturing before doing a silicon carbide grip on a Glock? Seems kinda strange....

It is a design thing.

Gen 2 glock don't have finger grooves. Maybe that is an option too.

Same thing with CZ, wish it had more aggressive checkering in front and back straps like the Tanfoglios, so I used grip tapes.

I've found the VZ Diamond Grips to be superior to anything else I've tried.

I'll post a pic so you can see the difference in grips.

From top to bottom:

CZ Accu Shadow with VZ Diamond Grips

CZ Shadow Target with stock CZ Custom grips

CZ SP01 (that I've upgraded trigger, hammer, sights, etc) with CZ Thick Aluminum Grips

CZ SP01 Tactical with VZ Diamond Grips

CZCollection_zps8a73110d.jpg

Edited by JGus

If it's grip you want, then the VZ's just might be the answer. Very "bitey" in fact, to the point that if you do a lot of dry fire, they start to hurt. But great grip in matches!

I also like the fact that they extend under the safety back towards the beavertail, that edge area with the thin aluminum, was irritating my hands.

I've got fairly large hands, I wear Large/X-large gloves. And I don't have any problems with the VZ Diamondback grips. Yes, I wish they were a little thicker, but I don't have any issues with them. I actually prefer them because of the aggressive pattern that allows for a better grip on the gun, especially in hot weather when palms are sweating. If the CZC grips on the Shadow Target fit your grip ok, than the VZ Diamondback grips will fit your hand also.