Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELS Mounted up or down?

Most of the time I agree with Pat. But if you're a bigger guy like me running them fork up will make it much easier to put things on and take them off. Especially holsters and other pouches that you can't easily get your hands behind.

I have run them forks up on everything including holsters for the last 2-3 years with no issues.

Either way will. But wouldn't you rather have gravity help keep the parts in place?

I run mine forks down and have no problem swapping gear without removing the belt.

Yea down for me also

I looked at running a couple with the forks up and thought about making a plastic wedge I could slip between the forks to lock them in place, but never finished that idea because I changed from the shell caddies that were making it difficult to reach from the bottom to shell caddies that easy to reach.

I run them forks down because I have found it is easier for me to ATTACH them, especially on the front and back, than forks up. I also didn't like the fact that my Dun laps disease meant that bending down to pick up something was just this side of laying on a bed of nails. I get poked either way, but my shirt is thinner and my belly softer than my pants and, ahem, lower parts.