Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

After May update shooting the 627

71Commander

After the most recent update:

I was 2 points from A

Shot a classifier match and a regular match in minor.

Classifier match:

66% counted (too many C's)

2 not allowed as 15% above my classification.

Monthly match:

Score not allowed. (I shot all A's)

Looks like sandbagging in the future when shooting the 627. Don't know how to shoot better but not too good. Why bother to practice all winter? Better yet, why shoot revo at all?

Holding them in abeyance is one thing but just to throw them out completely sux.

I shot one the other day, my math says it was 133%. It counted, I'm only A class. I don't plan to shoot all 8 in any more classifiers.

Trying to fit a score in between a 75 and 85 sux. Anything over gets thrown out and anything under brings you down. How on earth are we supposed to do this?

Hmmm... I can understand throwing out scores that are "way low", but what's the rationale behind throwing out scores that are "way high"? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Are they thinking any "too high" score must be the result of a data entry error or something?

Why not make 100% the average of the top X number of shooters in the division on that classifier. Then update that number on a quarterly or similar time bases.

You might need some checks and safeties in there. Like any HF more than y% above the present 100% would not get used to filter out errors or malicious scores. You might have scores older than a certain about fall out of the average too.

Seems like a good way to get a current and realistic 100% HF for the classifiers.

Hmmm... I can understand throwing out scores that are "way low", but what's the rationale behind throwing out scores that are "way high"? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Are they thinking any "too high" score must be the result of a data entry error or something?

I will have some of my scores thrown out next month as well. I shot a classifier last sunday. I shot all A's. What do I do from now on......aim for the C's and D's to not have it count?

I'd contact USPSA, tell them the problem. The scores are supposed to be pulled if they think it's a error. If you explain there isn't a error they may adjust them on the next update. Can't hurt to ask.

A - Scores that are more than 15 percent above the member's classification bracket may be given an "A" flag and not used for classifications. Reasons for assigning an "A" flag include seeing evidence that the stage was not set up or run correctly, or if all the members scores on file are significantly lower than the one being entered. For example, if a C-class shooter has no scores higher than 65 percent, it is likely that a 95 percent score will be flagged with an "A." This is done to prevent the member from being moved to a class higher than the member can reasonably be expected to perform.

Im not sure how well the flagging system works. I just started USPSA a few months ago, and had low classifiers early on. Then someone explained how the classifier system works, and started going faster. Scores WAY above my classifications weren't flagged.

But then again, I see so many who just want that GM or M card regardless of how they get it, maybe this is their ticket. Just hope they stay and play once they get there.

Not me. As you need to shoot 6 percentage points to move up one point and I was at 73, I would need to shoot a 85 to make "A". BUT if I shot an 85 USPSA would throw it out.

As I said above I have the oppisite problem. I shot 13-05 at 133% with a 8 shot and it didn't get flagged. That was going to get me close to Master. I don't want to Grandbag to get there, so I emailed USPSA. They are going to change that run to a A on the next update.

If you feel your classifers should be counted contact them. Posting about it here wont do anything.

As I said above I have the oppisite problem. I shot 13-05 at 133% with a 8 shot and it didn't get flagged. That was going to get me close to Master. I don't want to Grandbag to get there, so I emailed USPSA. They are going to change that run to a A on the next update.

If you feel your classifers should be counted contact them. Posting about it here wont do anything.

I contacted them first. This is just to illustrate some problems that will pop up shooting 8 shot minor and some classifiers. The subject has been broached before.