Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge

PistolJim

You'll need a standard guide rod of your choice ( most will fit with no or minimal fitting, but the STI rod is probably the best drop in part) and a shoulder type reverse plug. The reverse plug with your recoilmaster should stay with that unit.

Jim,

Same combo I ran in My Edge and they worked perfect w/ a 11# wolff spring.

FWIW, I found that I did not like the extra weight of the tungsten guide rod and switched back to al steel rod. YMMV

I just put a STI stainless steel and 14# spring in my Edge. I have about 150 rounds on it, and will shoot another 100 tomorrow. I may also experiment with a 12# if need be. I got the rod, spring, and reverse plug from shootersconnection.

Guest Larry Cazes

I've had an SV Tungsten rod in my SV .40 limited gun for about a year now. The extra couple of ounces forward does indeed help to minimize muzzle rise. I prefer the feel of a heavy long dustcover gun.

This guide rod plug will work for the Edge:Guide rod plug Choose the 5 inch style - the guide rod plug used in the Recoilmaster is slightly different best to use the correct plug if you change from the Recoilmaster. If you are switching to the Recoilmaster from a standard guide rod use the plug that comes with the Recoilmaster for sure not your original.

Thanks-

I got the SV tunsten guide rod with the EGW reverse recoil plug. I also got ISMI recoil springs in 12.5 and 10 pounds.

When I went to install everything the EGW plug was undersized and would not fit the rod. I had to go out and get a 21/64 drill bit and drill out the plug so it would fit over the guide rod. That went well but Im still scratchin my head wondering why the plug was undersized. The SV guide rod is the same diameter as my Kimber and Para guide rods.

Now I ran into another problem. I went with the 12.5 RS to get started. I put on a buff (.10 in width) and assembled everything. The slide would not go back far enough to use the slide stop. So I took off the buff. When I was putting everything back together I pushed the guide rod as far foward as I could. The spring bottomed out about a quarter inch short of touching the plug. I put the rest together and now the slide stop barely works.

So Im going to have to trim the spring before I shoot it and I'd like to use the buff. When I trim the spring should I trim enough so the buff just contacts the plug? Or should I take a little extra off?

I also checked to make sure the SV guide rod mated well with the frame. It appears the fit is perfect.

Thanks Again

Jim

Thanks-

I got the SV tunsten guide rod with the EGW reverse recoil plug. I also got ISMI recoil springs in 12.5 and 10 pounds.

When I went to install everything the EGW plug was undersized and would not fit the rod. I had to go out and get a 21/64 drill bit and drill out the plug so it would fit over the guide rod. That went well but Im still scratchin my head wondering why the plug was undersized. The SV guide rod is the same diameter as my Kimber and Para guide rods.

Now I ran into another problem. I went with the 12.5 RS to get started. I put on a buff (.10 in width) and assembled everything. The slide would not go back far enough to use the slide stop. So I took off the buff. When I was putting everything back together I pushed the guide rod as far foward as I could. The spring bottomed out about a quarter inch short of touching the plug. I put the rest together and now the slide stop barely works.

So Im going to have to trim the spring before I shoot it and I'd like to use the buff. When I trim the spring should I trim enough so the buff just contacts the plug? Or should I take a little extra off?

I also checked to make sure the SV guide rod mated well with the frame. It appears the fit is perfect.

Thanks Again

Jim

Here is a good place to start looking. :)