Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

April BOD Meeting

sperman

I don't know the full details of all this. That said..

I don't understand why HHF are a secret. What would be hurt if how they were made and what there were made known? Seriously.

Also, why are nationals always seem to be out west? Tradition maybe? I don't know. But it would be nice to rotate around a bit.

As far as monies, that's above my pay grade. However, as an AD, did you know what you signed up for and how things work?

Not stirring the pot. Honest questions.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Ha!funny-pictures-auto-dog-kill-380463.jpeg

(jokingly, of course)

why not?

First, I am an opinionated _ _ _ hole.

Second, there is a group, a clique, of St. Louis metro area shooters who absolutely hate my guts.

I haven't shot a match since April 2012, and let my membership lapse to the Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club. But somehow two years later, I am still able to rent space in people's heads, and get blamed for construction delays at a range I haven't been to in two years.

It totally defies any logic, but when people want to drag your name through the mud, logic goes out the window.

Ha! Ha!funny-pictures-auto-dog-kill-380463.jpeg

(jokingly, of course)

why not?
First, I am an opinionated _ _ _ hole.

Second, there is a group, a clique, of St. Louis metro area shooters who absolutely hate my guts.

I haven't shot a match since April 2012

2 years....are you even still a uspsa member?

I don't know the full details of all this. That said..

I don't understand why HHF are a secret. What would be hurt if how they were made and what there were made known? Seriously.

Also, why are nationals always seem to be out west? Tradition maybe? I don't know. But it would be nice to rotate around a bit.

As far as monies, that's above my pay grade. However, as an AD, did you know what you signed up for and how things work?

Not stirring the pot. Honest questions.

I agree on all of this. The HHF should be defined and published in the rule book. I have proposed a simple formula but to answer another question, I had no idea it was so hard to get things done on the BOD. There is absolutely no documentation when an AD starts and even less when you get in the system. The floating policies are ramped.

What I need is for the members to push more for what they want to see.

I encourage the members to drive the BOD to get things done! Write, talk, ask questions and demand results!

I came into the BOD with visions of introducing new ideas and moving forward but I soon found out there are those that do not like change for fear of loosing control. I also found out so much I did not want to know. Now its an uphill battle. So bad that one person keeps trying to have me removed from the BOD. 45 days in my tenure they were threatening me because of the content on the A6 website. And now A4 filed a motion to have me removed. I must have hit the right buttons.

Jay Corn, A6

Nope! Let that lapse too!

So you don't shoot matches, not a member and confess to be an opinionated a hole. Maybe the problem isn't USPSA.

Go back a page or two where I said I had an axe to grind with USPSA. I wasn't pulling any punches when I said that.

They are ideological differences.

If "you"can't see how eff'ed up that is to charge members to be classified/ranked by a system that at its very core is kept a secret by the same people collecting the money, then I can't help you.

To me, that's just the tip of the iceberg...like a loose yarn on a sweater...

Then there is buying the steel challenge, which I knew right from the get-go USPSA couldn't wait to start a classification system and collecting activity fees off that. To me, it smacks of so much "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I remember another opinionated MD pretty much telling Michael Voigt to get bent when Voigt called him to ask about affiliating his steel "challenge" club with the new USPSA/SC. The MD went on to say "We already have all the steel. We have been shooting the same stages for ten years already. What, exactly, do we need you guys for?"

And that is exactly what I PM'ed Kim about 6 months ago...there needs to be a way to incentivize clubs to join.

Never got one word back from Kim.

A civil war in USPSA? awesome. I think it should be split into divisions like baseball and somehow you play for home field advantage. If the NL east wins the Nats are in area 6 etc. It will inspire rivalry a little pride and lots of people will take it way too seriously and flip out on message boards over petty stuff. Sounds awesome.

From the movie Commando with Arnold:

Cindy: Can you tell me what this is all about?

Matrix: Yeah, a guy I trusted for years wants me dead.

Cindy: That's understandable. I've only known you for five minutes and I want you dead, too.

A civil war in USPSA? awesome. I think it should be split into divisions like baseball and somehow you play for home field advantage. If the NL east wins the Nats are in area 6 etc. It will inspire rivalry a little pride and lots of people will take it way too seriously and flip out on message boards over petty stuff. Sounds awesome.

Great, a bunch of guys who hate each other at a shooting event.......