Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun CZ's

Jukez

Who is rocking a CZ for 3 gun?

If so .. which are you using and are you clearing are using safety for the dump?

I am going with the accu shadow and kept the big safeties on this one so I can use that for dumping the gun... thought about throwing a magwell on it just for 3 gun and removing for production but not thinking its really all that necessary.

Just for fun question/thread is all

:cheers:

Edited by Jukez

I have a TS in 9mm that I got for 3 gun and it is working really well. I am thinking of getting some basepads for my SP01 Shadow so I have them option of running it as well. I think I like the reset better on my Shadow but I like the sight radius of the TS. I would feel perfectly competitive with either.

Here you go. The Grip tape is to help resolve my biggest complaint with shooting a CZ in 3 Gun, the small surface area available for slide racking.

Also notice the hoster modification to support tensioning on those stages which require running the the gun in the holster.

Who is rocking a CZ for 3 gun?

If so .. which are you using and are you clearing are using safety for the dump?

I am going with the accu shadow and kept the big safeties on this one so I can use that for dumping the gun... thought about throwing a magwell on it just for 3 gun and removing for production but not thinking its really all that necessary.

Just for fun question/thread is all

:cheers:

If you go with the magwell, you will need to use shorter grips and longer basepads.

Here you go. The Grip tape is to help resolve my biggest complaint with shooting a CZ in 3 Gun, the small surface area available for slide racking.

Also notice the hoster modification to support tensioning on those stages which require running the the gun in the holster.

attachicon.gifTS.JPG

LOL, thats some serious tape..

I reload with a front press anyways I just pinch the front with the webbing between my thumb and pointer and works well for me with the front serrations :)

attachicon.gifTS.JPG

LOL, thats some serious tape..

I reload with a front press anyways I just pinch the front with the webbing between my thumb and pointer and works well for me with the front serrations :)

Or was using the front and it was okay but still not as fast for me to grab. I was actually considering some type of front slide cuts to improve my grip on the thing but tried the rear grip tape instead. Very happy with the results and for me it makes a huge difference in how quick I can rack.

Another guy who I shot with last month (and who won the match) was shooting a 75 SP01 Accu Shadow.

Unfortunately I heard that he had a squib in practice and tried launching another one after. The gun is going back to CZC for a new barrel.

I haven't seen any other CZs but really just saw the guns on my squad. Lots of M&Ps and a mix of Glocks, STIs, and the occasional SV.

Earnest Langdon was on my squad last month and I think he was still rocking a Beretta 92. Don't get me wrong, he is scary good with that gun.

I slapped a mag well on my Shadow, along with extended base pads, and it has been my 3gun gun for the past couple of years.

Until recently this gun was also my IPSC/USPSA production gun. (obviously I remove the magwell)

Clearing vs safety, it all depends on how far from the dump area I am.

If I'm more than 1 step, I'll clear it just to be safe.

If I'm standing right over the dump bucket, I'll use the safety.

Edited by sarpau

For my buddies 16 inch mecgar mags we put CZ extended basepad long and put CZC spring kit to load 23+1. For my 18 inch tube, i put CZC extended basepad short put the same CZC spring and follower kit and load 23+1 as well. 23+1 is reliable as long as you load short around 1.09 OAL.

• 2 weeks later...