Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

maximizing STI magazines

Kwontanamo

I used the search box and didn't really find the answers I was looking for, which is why I started this topic. I'm also not quite ready to send my magazines off to get them modified if i'm able to do simple ones on my own. I also saw that people tend to use certain type basepads, springs, and followers with magazines and some even doing modifications to stock springs and followers. So with the infinite possibilities of modifying the magazines, I wanted to know what was the most common and cost effective.

Edited by Kwontanamo

I can answer any questions you may have, or you can call me at 805-522-1911.

Beyond that, we just R and D'd a new follower that gets you 24+1 in 9, and 21+1 in 40 when combined with out 11-coil spring and 4mm ( for limited ) basepad.

What am I doing wrong with everything you listed and only being able to get 20 and sometimes +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beyond that, we just R and D'd a new follower that gets you 24+1 in 9, and 21+1 in 40 when combined with out 11-coil spring and 4mm ( for limited ) basepad.

What am I doing wrong with everything you listed and only being able to get 20 and sometimes +1

I have some of the TTI followers that I can BARELY get 20 with.

The same tubes and basepads get 20 easily reloadable/ almost 21 with Grams spring and follower. There are "thick" TTI .40 followers and "thin" TTI .40 followers. I've seen both. My guess is that this is a quality issue, not intentional. You wont get more than 20 with the "thick" version.

Unfortunately, I recieved the "thick" version. So I dont use them.

The same tubes and basepads get 20 easily reloadable/ almost 21 with Grams spring and follower. There are "thick" TTI .40 followers and "thin" TTI .40 followers. I've seen both. My guess is that this is a quality issue, not intentional. You wont get more than 20 with the "thick" version.

Thanks Steven

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Do you have the new version?

If not, send them in to me and I'll get them fixed up for you.

Do you have the old version, or the new version that we released a couple weeks ago?

Do you have the new version?

If not, send them in to me and I'll get them fixed up for you.

Thanks for the response.

I bought them about a month ago from shooters connection.

I've emailed TTI a few times, but I'll PM you here to get the issue squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use Gram's springs and followers it will eliminate feed problems if you make sure the feed lip dimensions are correct. I have tried everything out there and get maximum capacity and reliability from Gram's products. My 40 mags hold 22 rounds not reloadable or 21 reloadable.

I'm sending my mags with the springs, followers, and based ads back to Taran for him or someone to verify I have the new followers and everything is working up to snuff. TTI is one outstanding company to deal with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have dead stock mags and all work great. Did have the lips open up on one, not much luck beating, bending them back. The stock springs and followers, with the spacer, work better than the aftermarket followers and springs I've tried, for me. I even fed 9mm out of stock, Super followers, no spacer, and those worked fine too. YMMV

I saw some mags from BE member being worked on by TTI with red bases it holds 21 easily with their new followers.................got mine tuned SV/STI holds 21 rnds....service was top notch Thanks Taran and Scott :bow: