Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LW Slides

rgunner1

I am looking at a new IPSC project and was wondering if anyone has recently ( within the last year) bought and used a LW G34 Slide and if so had any issues ? And could share...

I have read reports from years back and I was just wondering if there quality had improved. I currently run a LW Barrel and have had no issues with it.

If this could be kept on subject it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Thanks guys so no issues fitting all the OEM parts ? Like sights , striker assembly ...

Bought a LW 24 slide & barrel, had the slide lightened and filled it with LW, OEM & DP parts - runs like a champ. No issue with any internals or sights fitting.

Nope no issues. I had a Caspian slide at one point i returned because it was junk. The area around the beech face on one split out as it was not cut right. It almost looked like it was a bushing that came out around the breech face the way it split even though it was solid. The second one Caspian replaced it with wouldn't even allow the factory firing pin safety to go in at all and a vanek one could be crammed in but would be too tight to function. That went back and I put a lw on it and everything for right in no issues. It just works

The slides are the only thing LW makes that I would put on anything. They are light years better than stock and cheaper than the more expensive offerings. Don't hesitate.

Never had a problem from my G35, G27, G23 slide.

Edited by Steven420

The slides are the only thing LW makes that I would put on anything. They are light years better than stock and cheaper than the more expensive offerings. Don't hesitate.

Never had a problem from my G35, G27, G23 slide.

Why are they better?

Tighter tolerances on the rails and barrel areas, easier to mill if you want to lighten, lowered ejection port from lw, cheaper than factory, beveled nose on most models, front cocking serrations, that's just off the top of my head.

I searched and learned that its probable cause was the round hole holding the extractor was not the correct depth. The remedy is to drill it a bit deeper. No gunsmith here knows much about glocks enought to tinker on it.

Or take a file to an apex extractor....

Picked my one up yesterday. Looks well finished and I had a dry run last night fitting stock parts and a LW barrel to it with no issue's . So stage 2 now drop of for machining work well I work on my frame reduction.

Thanks a lot guys for all the positive replies I will post when I have more progress.