Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Tactical" Pants

An update:

5.11 is going to take care of me. :) Hopefully the new ninja dungarees outlast the old.

For the record, Cabela's customer service is absolutely second to none, especially when coupled with USPS Priority Mail. Placed the order on Monday. Pants got hemmed Tuesday. Pants in the mail Wednesday. Pants in my mailbox today. Woooohoooo!

I just bought regular, non-tactical double-faced hunting pants, a pair of cotton/nylon and a pair of waxed cotton. If they had cargo pockets, they'd be perfect.

Thanks all!

• 3 weeks later...

Only if you can see the pads from the outside.

Hey, wait ... what if the kneepads "print" and you can tell you are wearing them? Obviously that's not tactical and should be banned.

Which means anyone who wants to wear kneepads under their paints is going to need to wear 45 oz. canvas duck trousers! :lol:

I just bought a pair of Cabela's 7-pocket pants. They are well made and lightweight. But I can't use them for IDPA. The funny belt loop covers all of the available area where a hip-holster goes. So, if you don't use a paddle holster, keep that in mind.

I just bought a pair of Cabela's 7-pocket pants. They are well made and lightweight. But I can't use them for IDPA. The funny belt loop covers all of the available area where a hip-holster goes. So, if you don't use a paddle holster, keep that in mind.

That's why they make sewing machines, (hint). :D

Update:

5.11 Got me my replacement whactical pants today. Interestingly enough, the fabric is totally different from the pants I sent in. Obviously, they were having issues. Fortunately, they took good care of me. :)

:angry:

At least in theory the 5.11 pantws come unhemmed, although I've not had much luck with anyone having the unhemmed in stock, but I pretty much stick to jeans since I'm stuck with a 38" inseem more or less.

Check E-Bay, searching under "5.11 Pants" I see them on there all the time.