Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Jacketed Bullet Value

Outbreak

I'm down to my last ~1000 Montana Gold 115FMJ and looking to buy a case of 9mm projectiles. I have a portion of my tax refund burning a hole in my pocket.

The question is what bullet (brand, weight, type) is the best bang for my buck right now? I've had very good luck with MG, and since I'll be shooting this out of a few Glocks, I want a jacketed bullet. It's also gotta be available. Out of stock does me little good.

I'm not the most experienced reloader here but I've had great success with Rainiers plated 124gr and the polymer coated Blue Bullets 147gr. All shot in multiple Glocks.

I use the blue bullets in a open gun,, at major pf.. lots of guys here running them in glocks

I was very happy with Precision Delta (first bullets I ever used), I went MG CMJ for my next order, which I'm still using. While I had a FEW (ie. 3-5 bullets) that were "defective" out of the lot of several thousand (Precision Delta), for the price difference, the PD IMHO, are a better buy. MG's quality is better though, their CMJ's are really, really nice. Now...since they've raised their prices again, I'm not so sure. MG are just freaking expensive! Great bullets, but MAN...

Most likely, I'll try Xtreme or BBI next.

Edited by polizei1

All the bullets recommended are good. NONE OF THEM are better than MG. If you like the MG, stick with the MG. The grass is occasionally a similar shade of green on the other side, but it's not greener. ;)

Love MGs but if you are shooting your MGs in glocks in below1300fps (give or take), you may want to look at more affordable alternatives (from lead to plated).

I use Rainier Ballistics' 124gr plated and 147 gr coated BBI in my production set-up. they both work like a champ. YMMV.

If you want 115 FMJ in stock right now:

http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RZD&Product_Code=R126-B&Category_Code=ZBJ-9MM

I actually prefer their #161 125gr. JHP .356" dia. (most accurate bullet in my Glocks)

I've been shooting their bullets off and on for 20+ years and the only issue is finding them in stock or waiting for back order.

The 115's above are in stock right now (min 2000) for that price. :cheers: