Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear XS Sight on Versamax Tactical

legion85

For anyone who is curious or was thinking about having this done, I took some pictures to try and show the resulting sight picture, quality of work, and placement.

I attempted to adjust the aperture to make the sight picture focus/blur the same as my actual vision, but this was the closest I could get. In real life, the rear sight is less blurry than the picture.

C-Rums did the work. I shipped it out Monday and got it back Friday.

Went to the range today and at 25 yards, without adjusting the rear sight at all, slugs were perfectly centered, but about 6 inches high. Was shooting Remington Managed Recoil 1 oz Sluggers.

I would definitely recommend this upgrade and hope these pictures help people decide in the future.

mT2WzsWl.jpg

jrdB2jXl.jpg

fFh7a6ll.jpg

Edited by legion85

I don't think its purposely made for shotguns. It might be a rear sight for some pistol; which I'm not sure. C-rums just mills it and puts it in there.

XS does not show the sight on the web site or catalog. Just call and ask, they will know what you want. The sights come in a variety of heights starting at .090” and taller.

Uncledoc,

Have you got one of the tactical models with ghost rings or a vent rib? I know we don't have anything for the ghost ring guns.

That rear sight is kind of a multipurpose item. We use it quite a bit on pocket pistols. It just happens to work well on shotguns with a solid vent rib. Unfortunately, not all of them are solid (Mossberg being one that doesn't use a solid vent rib).

Jeff at C-Rums, Trapr at Redneck Tactical and Mike at Accurate Iron can all do an installation (and all of them do darn good work!).

Does anyone know the one particular XS rear sight ( Height) that works consistently the best, and the location on the vented rib that Accurate Irons, C-rum and Redneck Tac, are using, I'd like to try installing it myself .

Uncledoc,

Have you got one of the tactical models with ghost rings or a vent rib? I know we don't have anything for the ghost ring guns.

That rear sight is kind of a multipurpose item. We use it quite a bit on pocket pistols. It just happens to work well on shotguns with a solid vent rib. Unfortunately, not all of them are solid (Mossberg being one that doesn't use a solid vent rib).

Jeff at C-Rums, Trapr at Redneck Tactical and Mike at Accurate Iron can all do an installation (and all of them do darn good work!).

Thanks......I will try to get one to try.

I somehow managed to forget that the guys at Rose Action Sports have been doing installs of our rear sights as well!

The rear sight is our 20-2095P-130-1. The height is .130" (and it is offered in a bunch more heights as well).

So is the benefit of the rear sight over using the mid bead, the longer sight radius plus with the rear sight being taller you have adjust the sight picture and that gives you the elevation to counteract slug drop? Meaning if you just sight direct down the barrel with the mid bead there is a good chance you'll be hitting low?

Are most people drifting it for windage and changing out heights to match what slugs they shoot?

Legion; I notice that there is a notch under the vented rib forward of the rear sight. Did that come from the factory, and is that for a specific sight base ?

Optical illusion. The light colored spot (notch) you see is light shining on the rib's support post.(Enlarge the picture and it gets pretty obvious)

I don't think its purposely made for shotguns. It might be a rear sight for some pistol; which I'm not sure. C-rums just mills it and puts it in there.

XS does not show the sight on the web site or catalog. Just call and ask, they will know what you want. The sights come in a variety of heights starting at .090” and taller.

guncat

do you do this kind of sight install?

guncat

do you do this kind of sight install?

Yes. Please send me message if you need more details

So is the benefit of the rear sight over using the mid bead

Is that you can drift it. I had to drift the sight appreciably to the right on my M2 (still shoots high don't care though). The rear sight barely sticks up and I only "see it" when I aim a slug like a rifle. I had mine done by C-Rums and when it was there I had a mid bead installed to try both setups. The mid bead is coming off.

Oh Well; I have never seen a Optical illusion in two different pictures. It appears to be small 1/8 square notch under the vented ribs first arch., maybe not

What you are seeing as the dark spot is yhe back of the vent rib post and the bright part is the light reflecting off the barrel of the other side of the rib.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk