Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It never ceases to amaze me

38supPat

How much you can observe and feel just shooting into the backstop.

not enough for me to do it

I see what happened Pat, you did not like my response to your post and used your moderator powers to punish someone with an opposing view. People with power should not use that power for personal issues.

Just recently I thought my vision had changed and I couldn't see the front sight as clearly as before. The other day, after a practice session and before heading home, I aimed at the berm and focused on the front sight. Sure enough there it was and clear as it ever was. Turns out my vision hadn't changed, I had just gotten lazy.

At that point I decided to load up the few remaining rounds I had left and shoot them into the berm. It was amazing how clearly I could see the initial lift of the front sight. So, there it was, the reason my shot calling ability had declined.

The miraculous healing power of the berm!

Edited by grapemeister

Just recently I thought my vision had changed and I couldn't see the front sight as clearly as before. The other day, after a practice session and before heading home, I aimed at the berm and focused on the front sight. Sure enough there it was and clear as it ever was. Turns out my vision hadn't changed, I had just gotten lazy.

At that point I decided to load up the few remaining rounds I had left and shoot them into the berm. It was amazing how clearly I could see the initial lift of the front sight. So, there it was, the reason my shot calling ability had declined.

The miraculous healing power of the berm!

Brian Enos and Steve Anderson enlightened me on the benefits of this type of practice, several years ago. It is nothing short of amazing, what you can discover, with berm shooting. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the beginning of EVERY live fire session I shoot a cold Bill Drill as a running bench mark and then walk 6 more yards up to the berm and shoot half a mag or so into the berm to confirm what my grip should feel like with the sights tracking straight up and down ... If at any time during the session my sight tracking gets off I'll stop what I'm doing and go back to the berm ...

Many activities open to improvement if you remove a typically present sensory input.

Shaving with your eyes closed is another example.

Many activities open to improvement if you remove a typically present sensory input.

Shaving with your eyes closed is another example.

I bleed enough now.... :roflol:

• 6 months later...