Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Job Help

ScottQ

If the trigger bar is sticking and not being lifted high enough to to contact and push back on the sear leg the hammer will not drop.

BINGO!!!!

With the sear cage out the back end of the trigger bar should be biased upwards more than normal. The trigger bar plunger is what is supposed to push up the trigger bar. Something is binding up in the trigger bar or plunger keeping it from lifting the trigger bar properly.

If everything works properly when you push the sear with your finger, what is happening with the trigger bar if you push down on it with the hammer cocked?

Look down the front of the frame, towards the sear and watch the trigger bar movement [without slide], you will be able to see any obstruction.

Make sure everything is assembled [including safety] - just leave the slide off.

Edited by AlphaSeeker

I racked brain on what was happening and after a few nights I just did the smart thing. A guy from my hometown is familiar with Tanfos so I dropped it off to him, lol. I'd say my first try at polishing albeit very minor was a FAIL.

Sent from my flux capacitor

Well, the gunsmith called and said my Stock I is fixed. The trigger bar I ordered from Numrich was too short. That's what was causing the issues. I figured that the Tanfo trigger bar would had been the same but at least it was easy peasy fix.

Well, the gunsmith called and said my Stock I is fixed. The trigger bar I ordered from Numrich was too short. That's what was causing the issues. I figured that the Tanfo trigger bar would had been the same but at least it was easy peasy fix.

So you put the stock bar back in?

You got a small frame trigger bar?

You got a small frame trigger bar?

I ordered the Witness Full Size trigger bar

Sent from my flux capacitor

Large and small frames in tanfo does not equal large and compact frame it means will fit only 9mm or 40sw or will fit 9, 40, 38super, 10mm, 45 so a small frame trigger bar could be labeled full size and still be for a small frame

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Large and small frames in tanfo does not equal large and compact frame it means will fit only 9mm or 40sw or will fit 9, 40, 38super, 10mm, 45 so a small frame trigger bar could be labeled full size and still be for a small frame

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bingo. that's what I was going to say. just cause it says 'full size' doesn't mean it's large frame. :)

The best part about Numrich is their great return policy, so I just buy everything that might possibly work, then return the rest. I actually bought all their Witness compensators just to I could figure out what they had and help them advertise them correctly (they almost got it right :blush: ).