Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS: Mags don´t drop free

jayjay1

Hello guys,

the mags don´t fall free from my TS.

Can I just take out the "mag break" on the inner back of my grip?

Are there pros and cons to do this?

And if I should, how is that be done?

Begging for help,

Jay

Jay, are you running the CZC extended basepads? If so I had to file down the upper rear corners so the mags would drop. The fit was close enough that the mags would seat but not well enough to drop. The upper rear corners were contacting the magwell. Will the mags bodies drop without the basepads on them?

Jay, are you running the CZC extended basepads? If so I had to file down the upper rear corners so the mags would drop. The fit was close enough that the mags would seat but not well enough to drop. The upper rear corners were contacting the magwell. Will the mags bodies drop without the basepads on them?

^^^ this

If it's got the stock mag brake in it pull it and throw it away. I had

one fold up on me mid stage---not pretty. CZ Custom sells a

stainless one that is much heavier, ten bucks.

That may or may not solve your problem. Sometimes I "paint"

a sticky mag with a sharpie, Then insert and remove it and look for the

tight spots and adjust as needed.

I've also had a couple of CZ factory mags that had a little burr on the

mag catch notch. Couldn't really see it, but could feel it. Those

mags would hang up. Couple of strokes with a fine file fixed them.

Well, that´s easy to say.

I can pull out the mag piece for piece, because the mag break holds it back in place.

If I don´t pull, it rests just where it is.

The mags are smooth and clean, no burrs, nothing.

So my question is, what are the pros and cons when I take out the mag break.

It must have any function, so, what happens when it is gone?

Edited by jayjay1

I was having the same issue with mine, I found that if I over tighten the grip screws they push on the back of the mag break bowing it out slightly and stopping the mags from dropping free. Back you grip screw out a little and see if that helps, if it does you may need to shorten the screws.

Open17,

Are you running the stainless mag break in a Tac Sport, I was wanting to try one but the CZC site only listed it for standard 75 frames?

Thanks,

Chase

Edited by Czhase

Open17,

Are you running the stainless mag break in a Tac Sport, I was wanting to try one but the CZC site only listed it for standard 75 frames?

Thanks,

Chase

No. I'm messing with a pair of CZ75 SP01 Tacticals. Guess I didn't realize that the Tac Sport part might be different?

The mag break keeps the magazine from getting caught on the frame when reloading, you need the mag break.
it may not be the mag break at all. see if your mags are rubbing on the sear cage under the ejector, right in the corner.

Ejector1.jpg

Edited by CZ85Combat

Do empty mags drop freely? I had an issue where two mags would not drop free when they were at least half way loaded. They would bulge just slightly when loaded. I was able to tune/bend them a bit to make them perfect.

I was having the same issue with mine, I found that if I over tighten the grip screws they push on the back of the mag break bowing it out slightly and stopping the mags from dropping free. Back you grip screw out a little and see if that helps, if it does you may need to shorten the screws.

You nailed it!

I have driven the screws out a half turn and the mags felt out like melted butter.

:blush:

Little reason, big effect.

Thank you!

:bow:

I would still invest the 10 bucks for the straight brake. When you are changing magazines, the stock brake can bend in at the bottom and out at the top which will cause the magazine to stick no matter how loose the screws are. This was one of the most frustrating things for me when I switched to the Cz.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You nailed it!

I have driven the screws out a half turn and the mags felt out like melted butter.

:blush:

Little reason, big effect.

Thank you!

:bow:

Glad I could help.

• 6 months later...