Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ question for IDPA

brianr34

I am considering buying a CZ with a custom trigger job. It would either be a CZ75BD or a 75B and I would like to use it for IDPA.

To use the CZ in SSP, are there any limitations to the trigger work that can be done?

Can any modifications be done to the gun when it is used in ESP?

You cannot disable any safeties or move the initial resting place of the trigger. Other than that...have at it when it comes to trigger work.

Edited by Magsz

the decocker is a good choice for a carry gun. less so as a competition gun. a little trickier to work on, some also find they don't get as nice a grip on it with the deckocker placement vs the manual safeties. also takes a little different work to get as nicer a trigger as the non decocker models. CGW and CZC do make nice stuff for the deckocker these days though and I'm sure plenty of people happily shoot them.

the decocker is more challenging to tune the trigger. Shadow is the easiest and non-shadow with firing pin block is on the middle. 75shadow is your best bet in IDPA SSP. it has upswept beavertail, no firing pin block and get one with D type sear configuration not the thumbler. more selection of safety!

the decocker is more challenging to tune the trigger. Shadow is the easiest and non-shadow with firing pin block is on the middle. 75shadow is your best bet in IDPA SSP. it has upswept beavertail, no firing pin block and get one with D type sear configuration not the thumbler. more selection of safety!

+1 on the 75 shadow or a SP01 shadow

Spo1 shadow target what division, can I shot ssp?

Standard SP 01 Shadow is SSP legal, and anything that is SSP legal is ESP legal. Now the SSP rules state that milling the slide for a different style sight is illegal, but since it come that way from the factory you should be fine. For 100% certainty you could run it by IDPA HQ.

just my .02, I bought my first CZ from CZC - a CZ75 Shadow that is just awesome at the time they were roughly $1300, since then I have bought a CZ75 Compact which was box-stock straight from the factory without any work for under $500, If I had it to do over again I am not sure I would buy the Custom model - maybe I am just too ham-fisted to tell the difference but the trigger on the compact is almost as nice as the custom and I am not sure if the difference in price would be worth it to me again, but YMMV

This isn't to say that CZC doesn't do great work, because they do, and I still want to get one of their short reset triggers put on each of mine