Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Does the best Production Set up on a XDm 5.25

JakeMartens

probably a Springer or PR trigger job with a SS guide rod. I'm not sure if Powder River triggers are Production legal since you can see the overtravel stop. They aren't IDPA legal for SSP after April. Not much else needs to be done to the 5.25 other than upgrading the trigger.

JD

The PRP triggers are legal for production since Springfield lists them as an OEM part and sold enough of them, although I prefer the Springer Precision setup anyway. I bought my gun from Scott's shop and had them build the trigger and put on a narrower dawson front sight (0.100" w/ red fiber). You can play with the guide rod if you want to add a little weight within the 2 oz. margin, either by switching to solid SS, or Springer sells a little tungsten weight you can add to the hollow guide rod that just makes it in terms of weight. Otherwise the gun doesn't need much done to it, the factory barrels are awesome and it doesn't really need any tuning to run.

Daniel at Powder River or Scott at Springer or Rich at Canyon Creek

all 3 will have you unable to blame the gun in the unlikely event you fail to dominate ;)

Edited by ummm

Daniel at Powder River or Scott at Springer or Rich at Canyon Creek

all 3 will have you unable to blame the gun in the unlikely event you fail to dominate ;)

Rich at Canyon Creek is the man!! His 4P production guns have it all and I believe he has them in stock.

Just bought mine from PRP they did the hole shibang SS guide rod front sight trigger job extended mag release I love it and having them do the trigger is way better then doing it your self as I did in the past they polish everything it runs so smooth the first match I shot with it made a big difference in my game

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...