Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat 92A1 - parts and custom work

Stony Lane

I wonder if that short reach trigger is production legal?

I know IDPA SSP says there can't be any external modifications, which would include this trigger. Not sure if they would notice, however.

I'd love to use this but the description doesn't include M9 as far as compatible models. I thought the M9 = 92 as far as the internals go. Maybe they just omitted it by accident?

if one were to build a production legal 92fs what would they want to get?

So far all I have done to mine is replace the hammer spring with a Wolff #13 and an oversized mag catch. I’m on the fence on whether or not the SRT would be a benefit for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not so fast guys. Not all triggers on 92 are all metal. I swapped mine out with the old school steel trigger. The new factory ones at least in the are a poly steel combo .. this is all from memory but the the stock was like 89 grain and the steel is like 200 something. I posted this over in the Beretta forum. Wolf return trigger spring won't fit in the combo poly because while it is like less half the weight, it has a covered middle section so the WRTS fit. The steel has a big opening...

The problem with the 147gr loads is they shoot way high and learning the sight picture isn’t practical when your aiming under the target and still shooting over it.

I’m not that confident in the sight and at some point I may replace it with a fixed one. Right now I’m still playing around with loads and wanted the ability to adjust as necessary. I’m also only using it for steel challenge matches so if it loses zero it’s not a life and death deal. If I had to do it over again I would just mill down the rear sight.

Wilson Combat makes different height rear sights if you want to try to adjust your POI that way.

I'm really starting to like my 92A1. It's had a WC action job. The best DA pull I've ever had on any of my DA/SA guns. Here's a stage from the first USPSA match I shot it in: