Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun holster for STI Edge

Looking for a DOH holster for my Eagle. Currently have a Bladetech for my XDM. I like the rigidness of the Safariland holsters,(the website leaves things a bit confusing) if not might get a Comptac Internationl.

Edited by The Donald

i have the bladetech WRS for my edge. frankly the hood isn't super-easy to disengage. you press the lever but the holster seems to give/flex a little so you have to press harder. i was told the carbon fiber body was stiffer which made depressing the lever easier. but you are 100% sure that puppy ain't coming out unless you want it to.

also have the bladetech doh with no retention. problem is, to get retention you have to crank it down which of course makes it harder to draw, fighting the friction.

i really wish that blackhawk made a serpa for it, which i use and love on all my glocks in 3 gun. button is super easy to depress and once you do there is no drag on the draw. but a couple of idiots end up with their fingers on the trigger, so it is somewhat disparaged.

i spoke with someone using a g-code. similar to the WRS but you depress a button vs pressing a lever. seemed a lot easier.

G-Code didn't have a holster to fit my Edge, I do like their holsters though.

WRS hood can be sanded a little in the latch area to make it release easier. I had to order their longer hood strap to allow hammer down carry the original strap would drag on my hammer.

I got a WRS from Shooter's Source, had them in stock.

When Serpa's were the only game for retension holsters they were out. My carry holsters are either a Safariland ALS or an Aliengear. I never had a problem with my Bladetech for 3 gun, fit the XDm like a glove, nice snap retention, but not too hard to draw. Two matches ago DQ two guys for dropping the XDm's from the factory supplied holster as they were running.

I have a G-Code that will fit an Edge. Oddly enough mine is for my Eagle but it is set up for a long dust cover and the hood is way easier to disengage than the WRS. I love Bladetech but the WRS was made for LEO and not competition. Order a G-Code and save yourself future frustration and $70 to boot.

Along these lines, one of the reasons I am reluctant to go G-Code is that all my belt equipment is set up for Blade-Tech/Tek-Lok/TMMS. Has anybody mounted a G-Code holster to one of those...?

Oh, and there is a huge difference between the regular WRS and the carbon-fiber finish. The carbon-fiber is much easier to disengage, as the entire holster seems stiffer. I got that one just for looks, but I have been able to compare it against the standard finish. The standard finish tends to buckle slightly when you press the lever, meaning it does not disengage form the hood cleanly.

I mounted my G-Code to a bladeTech dropped and off set mount and then mounted that to my QLS bracket.

Zmego, was that just the basic holster without the RTI plate on it?

BladeTech DOH OWB or WRS.might as well order the one for the long dust cover gun. It fits a stock gun or a long dust cover gun or a tac rail framed gun.

I have a WRS coming, if not by next week I'll run up to Dawson and get a DOH Blade-Tech he has in stock.

Yes, it isn't a perfect fit and you can only attach the holster to the DOH with 2 screws instead of 3 but it is still very secure

The holster is a perfect fit, I meant fitting other companies accessories isn't a perfect fit because G-Code wants you to use their system.