Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun by Doublestar Corp - Oct 16-18 at Rockc

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, 3 Gun Team Netherlands can't wait to get there! 3 Dutch competitors this time ;)

Make sure the whole team knows to aim for the orange "things" and not the white ones this year ;)

No way! They might beat me LOL!

Well, 3 Gun Team Netherlands can't wait to get there! 3 Dutch competitors this time ;)

Make sure the whole team knows to aim for the orange "things" and not the white ones this year ;)

No way! They might beat me LOL!

Yeah, I thought it was a nice touch to wait until the last stage last year :D

He still talks about it :P Especially since he did so well on those long range flash targets on the last stage and then got a stage DQ for not having his shotgun on safe with a round in the chamber...

Stages, round counts, and current rules are posted on the BRM3G website. You're going to have lots of shooting again this year!

Everyone should know the path their rifle rounds are taking out to 100 yards and have a good zero as usual. The same is true of pistol and shotgun slugs also.

Stages, round counts, and current rules are posted on the BRM3G website. You're going to have lots of shooting again this year!

Everyone should know the path their rifle rounds are taking out to 100 yards and have a good zero as usual. The same is true of pistol and shotgun slugs also.

This will be my first trip to Rockcastle. What type of distance can be expected with the rifle.

I believe the reason for knowing your bullet path out to 100 is because of the blocker that is on one of the stages that we will be shooting thru. Every round that hits the blocker is a no shoot penalty. If the target is at 100 but the blocker is at 50 ...... Gotta know where to hold to go thru the hole and hit the target.

I believe the reason for knowing your bullet path out to 100 is because of the blocker that is on one of the stages that we will be shooting thru. Every round that hits the blocker is a no shoot penalty. If the target is at 100 but the blocker is at 50 ...... Gotta know where to hold to go thru the hole and hit the target.

Interesting, i never thought of it like this. I was thinking small targets are closer ranges to simulate distance. Such as a 2" plate at 50 or something similar. Maybe slightly larger with no shoots around it.

Which stage is that?

Which stage is that?

Stage 8. Blocker looks closer to the plate rack than what I originally thought

Which stage is that?

Oh, yeah... That whole "shield" and "non-threat" didn't quite register on my first read through. Well, that'll be interesting...

Which stage is that?

Probably similar to what was used at the 3 gun nation match in Vegas a few years ago. It was a bit of a pain since _all_ hits on the shield counted as no-shoots. The edges of the hole got pretty ragged after a while so it was hard to tell if a round really hit the shield and you got dinged even if the plate was knocked over.

The easiest solution (IMHO) would be that you dont get dinged for a no shoot if the plate falls, as even with painting between shooters its going to be hard to tell the edge hits.

Or, maybe the contraption is all different :)

Edited by gose