Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Cz Grips are the largest?

azselectfire

I just got an accu shadow and was wondering if there is a list that shows the order of all the different grips from smallest to largest. I replaced the aluminum grips that came on it with grips from a cz tactical which are larger but I have big hands and want to go even bigger if available. Are the wood grips or even the thick aluminum grips thicker? Would be nice if we had a list that showed them all ordered by size.

Would be nice if we had a list that showed them all ordered by size.

You mean like this:

http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grips-Aluminum-Plastic-Rubber.aspx

Ok thanks for the responses I've been on czcustoms site looking at all the different grips and somehow i missed that list lol :roflol:

I have some thicker rubber grips you could try.

Interested... If the rubber ones are the thickest from cz I need aftermarket. Want to stay production legal tho so no finger molds or anything

I was thinking about the legality of the Hogue wrap around grips the other day. The CZ 75 Champion came from the factory with them, is that a loophole to call them a factory part/grip?

I was thinking about the legality of the Hogue wrap around grips the other day. The CZ 75 Champion came from the factory with them, is that a loophole to call them a factory part/grip?

Is the Champion on the Production list???

Don't get me wrong, I think it's absurd that a $500 pistol with a $20 pair of the most popular aftermarket grips is illegal, but a $2,000 AccuShadow is legal, but the Champion argument doesn't hold water :)

We had a thread on this a week or two ago. The thick DAA grips should be a bit thicker than the thick CZC aluminum grips.

CZC's website has a chart of grip widths on its website.

Would be nice if we had a list that showed them all ordered by size.

You mean like this:

http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grips-Aluminum-Plastic-Rubber.aspx

Ok thanks for the responses I've been on czcustoms site looking at all the different grips and somehow i missed that list lol :roflol:

I have some thicker rubber grips you could try.

Interested... If the rubber ones are the thickest from cz I need aftermarket. Want to stay production legal tho so no finger molds or anything

I don't think there is anything thicker in the aftermarket than the factory CZ rubber or plastic grips. they are the thickest I've been able to find either factory or aftermarket. you could make up a little spacer (almost like a thick gasket) to put between the grip panels and the frame to space them out a bit to get some more width if you need it. you must have pretty big hands!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's absurd that a $500 pistol with a $20 pair of the most popular aftermarket grips is illegal, but a $2,000 AccuShadow is legal, but the Champion argument doesn't hold water :)

Did this change with the new rulebook?

Did this change with the new rulebook?

No, just looking for loopholes

I might be wrong but I think it did with teh new rulebook. Can't find a copy of the old one to compare, but as I recall it had a diagram showing the area covered by the stock grip as being all you can modify. The new book shows the front & back strap as being able to use gripe tape,etc..

Personally I think the Hogue is a great grip but when I had my SP-01 Shadow it was not production legal. If it had been I'd still have that pistol. Bulking up the side panels never gave me the same benefit as building up the front.

I'm on the other side of the coin and need to have thinner grips to reach the mag release. I've got a couple extra rubber pairs and a plastic pair off a TS. Wanna trade for your thinner ones? I'll add cash. :unsure:

I might be wrong but I think it did with teh new rulebook. Can't find a copy of the old one to compare, but as I recall it had a diagram showing the area covered by the stock grip as being all you can modify. The new book shows the front & back strap as being able to use gripe tape,etc..

Personally I think the Hogue is a great grip but when I had my SP-01 Shadow it was not production legal. If it had been I'd still have that pistol. Bulking up the side panels never gave me the same benefit as building up the front.

I'm not sure if USPSA is the same, but in IPSC yes it has a diagram showing you can add grip tape to front and back straps but it also states you cannot have 'wrap around' grip panels and also mentions that grips must follow the 'profile' of the factory grips. now personally given the factory grips on a shadow are rubber with palm swells I would argue all the alloy grips don't follow that profile either (they are flat), but for certain grips with finger holds don't follow the stock profile which has a flat front strap.

personally I agree. they should just allow any aftermarket grip panels. the hogue grips are cheap and nice to use. like someone said you can use a $2000 custom shop build shadow with a comp bushing but can't use a set of $30 grips on your $800 CZ...

Can anyone help me verify if the "thin" DAA grips are the same thickness as the "thin" CZ grips?

TIA

The thin DAA are 1.157" wide

The CZC thin are 1.130" wide

Wow, sub-10 minute response. Thank you VERY much!

I emailed Amidon about the Hogue grips...here's the response I got:

Dan,

There has been no change to the rules regarding this, appendix D4 item 21.4 has always allowed grip sleeves and appendix E4 shows where the grit sand stippling can be applied, it also states that grip sleeves cannot disconnect the grip safety. As far as the Hogue finger grips, I wrote an article in Front Sight several editions ago that these are allowed on the CZ 75 models as they were the original grips when CZ produced the model 75.

John