Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much cost to customize a stock STI EDGE

MP9

Hi guys.

I'm in the market to buy a STI EDGE soon. I have been reading a comparing some custom works or not so custom, like brazos, akai, DP, camerons... and an stock STI EDGE. the thing is I could get a stock sti edge for around $1800 and I dont konw how much I will have to spend for a trigger job, smooth internal parts, sight, ice magwell, to be ready for competition. or if it is better to get the brazos HP STI edge ($2600) or the DP CRP(the DP doesnt has a trigger job).

I dont care about any slide custom works.

If buying a stock EDGE + improvements is gonna be aoutb the same price as a let say a brazos HP, I would go with this one.

Thanks

+1 for Akai customs, fully built guns and they usually have something available now. If you give them a call they will usually walk you through whatever you need.

But if you are set on an Edge I would recommend the Brazos one so you could just pick up a set of their tuned mags for cheaper.

Edited by LilBunniFuFu

the DP CRP(the DP doesnt has a trigger job).

Dawson will do a trigger job, it's just not advertised, think it's like $200 add'l (not sure if that includes any reliability work also) you just have to ask them.

i just got a Brazos HP Edge and 4 of their tuned mags, $3k total. Only have a few boxes thru it, but it's been perfect so far and everyone loves the trigger job.

think they come with fiber optics now, so a stock blued gun in the $1800 range (comes with magwell) with a trigger job would be a relatively cheap entry price point.

Ordered my CRP edge through DP today and they are not offering tigger work at this time. They will install the trigger I bought from them at the time of purchase for a small fee, but no trigger work.

Excellent customer service from Dawson all the way around btw.

I picked up a BNIB Edge at a very good price to use as a backup to my Gans 2011. I wanted it to be relatively similar in functions so I added the following parts -

Dawson FO front sight 160T x .100W

STI Mag Release Oversized Button 4x40

Dawson Posi-Lock 4x40

DP STI-SV 2011 HiCap Ice Magwell, Black

SVI Trigger Body Wide Black

SVI Short Flat Trigger

Aftec extractor

Full Length Guide Rod

Wolfe Recoil Spring

With the parts and labor I spent a little over $500.00. Total cost was about $700.00 less than my Gans custom 2011. My gunsmith also flat topped the slide and added serrations to give it more of a custom look. While I realize the cost difference wasn't that much less than my custom gun, Gary is not doing complete builds any longer and the work took me about 3 weeks. In this case I considered it a no brainer.