Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 overtravel screw digging into frame

Torogi

I've been thinking about this too. mine already has a nice mark on it. thinking a small piece of clear plastic (like the stuff you use to cover school notebooks etc). maybe need something a touch thicker. but it could work. you'd think they would have thought of this and stuck a plastic cap or something on the screw...

the whole trigger is one part of the tanfogs that is done poorly. my stock 2 which is beatifully built in so many ways has a trigger with side to side play (which in a holster sport is not as safe as I'd like), not to mention the other issues like stacking etc. and then that nasty little overtravel screw...

Edited by BeerBaron

yes, I've been wondering too why Eric/tanfoglio don't do a new trigger for the SA/DA guns (mainly stock II and III).

like you say a trigger with less curve, and thicker like the original CZ85 trigger (which still retains overtravel adjustment) and most important wider flange so it fits tighter into the frame (remove that horrible side to side slop which can be dangerous in some holsters). if it was an extreme part it would be production legal in IPSC. they would sell boatloads trough europe/canada/US/Aus. I would certainly buy one!

maybe do a kit with a new trigger and a improved pin set-up (perhaps like the henning pin) and call it the extreme trigger? that would be awesome. the dodgy trigger (not the feel, the actual trigger) is one of my hates on the stock II. it's a shame as it's such a well built gun in other areas.

• 1 month later...

I like the curved trigger on my stock 2. I have wide hands but shorter fingers and it puts the trigger in perfect position with the curve.

if it was similar to the 85c i think it would put it a bit out of reach for me. although i did find some different grips for my cz target shadow that make the 85c trigger in the perfect spot so who knows...

Edited by Prov1x

The new flat Extreme trigger ( DA ) will be on stock here in EU from 15.4. :bow:

so a flatter extreme trigger for DA guns will be available? and production legal I guess seeing as it's erics/tanfo parts?

that would be cool. everyone makes nice SA trigger upgrades. practically nothing to upgrade a DA trigger. :(