Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SureFire multigun Match

What is the deal with this match? No website or any news in like 2 months.

This is supposed to be one of the biggest 3gun matches ever, but nothing seems to be moving on it. ????

+1

Seeking info, for the gentleman that asked about "Texas Attendees" above. Myself and the two shooters who will accompany me are from Texas. We plan on attending.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donovan. I know Pete has been busy putting the Nationals together for the last few weeks. He's got a 3GN Pro Series match this weekend and then has to build the 3GN Western Regional at his range in a couple weeks. I'm guessing he'll get busy on the W3G after that. But I'll bug him this weekend when I see him to get busy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI for everyone.....Southwest Airlines opens their early flight booking (lower prices) on May 19th.

Brief back n forth with Mr Rensing:

July 4th registration date for all.

Those with invite responses have a spot for now, but lots of room left.

Sponsor list if growing fast and looks to be good.

Looks like I need to contact my cousin in Vegas about picking my shotgun shells up for me and having some 9mm and .223 shipped to him, if over 11lbs, when round counts come out!

Edited by EaZeNuTZ33

Just an FYI for everyone.....Southwest Airlines opens their early flight booking (lower prices) on May 19th.

Looks like I need to contact my cousin in Vegas about picking my shotgun shells up for me and having some 9mm and .223 shipped to him, if over 11lbs, when round counts come out!

When does non early begin. I usually hook flights 2-3 weeks prior to every match.

When does non early begin. I usually hook flights 2-3 weeks prior to every match.

I haven't flown since 1993, so I've been looking at lots of info and I want to fly Southwest with a nonstop flight from KCI to Vegas. From what I can tell, they open up a months worth of flights to being booked on certain dates, they start out with a low price and gradually increase in price until right before the flight.

Basically, the further ahead you book, the cheaper the flight! Yesterday I could get comparable flights for the end of October for under $210/person round trip, but a flight before the end of May would be anywhere from $400-1000/person depending on if the lower priced options were available or not. It pays to plan ahead!

One way?

My father in law just booked a round trip for under $210 from KC this week. It may have an initial increase, then a last minute increase or reduction in options that leave only the more expensive options.

Hi all. this is the first time i have been on here in like forever. First i am so sorry for leaving this hanging.

Ken Nelson is getting the website up and the facebook page is running. going to start a group there also for chatting

So far the above info is correct, well some. Thanks Chuck for the good words about the nationals.

if you responded to the invites you are in. we will be emailing everyone on the lists to register as soon as the western regional is over.

the match will be open to the general shooters on july 4th.

yes we plan to grow this into a big one. we are going to bring all styles and scoring in 3gun from pro series and nationals and outlaw to one place for a 3 day bash. hope everyone gets in and we can grow.

Thanks so far to of course Surefire for the opportunity to make this happen. 3gun nation for there association, Also MGM Targets, FnH usa, Hornady, Magpull, POF, sierra bullets, and many more on board just working on contracts. we ill post more and list all on the web soon.

Thanks for your support and interest. I will be more in contact soon...

• 1 month later...

OK guys first thing, Registration opens in a week. I will be getting on here often to answer questions. the website is up. www.surefirewmg.com lots of info coming there

sponsors are all coming in now so we will post as they arrive.

Now Gold star for aquaticvisions. my first practical matches were yes... cowboy action. Tahnees Dad invited us to one and it was fun. i had to pic a name and stinkypete was taken. I wanted to have a real outlaws name and came across Procopio, nicknamed the red handed dick. someone called me a dick and the name stuck. 2 years later I met Joe Procopio and ordered my first jersey.

hope that helps

OK guys first thing, Registration opens in a week. I will be getting on here often to answer questions. the website is up. www.surefirewmg.com lots of info coming there

sponsors are all coming in now so we will post as they arrive.

Now Gold star for aquaticvisions. my first practical matches were yes... cowboy action. Tahnees Dad invited us to one and it was fun. i had to pic a name and stinkypete was taken. I wanted to have a real outlaws name and came across Procopio, nicknamed the red handed dick. someone called me a dick and the name stuck. 2 years later I met Joe Procopio and ordered my first jersey.

hope that helps

Those of us who responded early from invites......should we go ahead and enter through the registration process, or will we receive an email with attachment?

2 sets of emails will go out tomorrow. Those that have responded to the invites will have a slot reserved and will still register for the match.

anyone that wants to get in can also register on july 4th.

there is a armature match the 3 days before the main match that will have a small random draw prize table. this allows us to also have ROs shoot this match as a pro and walk the main table on Sunday in order of finish. this is why the amateur match is cheaper.

I really want to shoot this match but have some concerns about the night stages. The website says we will need a rail on our guns for the Surefire supplied lights. The rifle and shotgun will not be a problem but will we need a rail on the pistol to be competitive?

Also, will a laser provide an advantage?

I have no equipment for night shooting so just want to see what is involved before I enter.

Thanks

payment emails will go out as you are approved. we are doing that now.

as for the night stages, these 2 stages will be small stages shot at night and yes you will shoot pistol, the stages will not be the hardest stages in the match and a hand held light or rail mounted are both acceptable. sure fire will have rail mounted lights for you to use at the stage and a hand held for those that take that route

the lights will probably be x400 so there is a laser there as well

Found some rail pieces in my parts boxes......now to see if any of them for my Lancer handguard! :-)

Got an email today......but it was empty, so suspecting I received the email equivalent of being "butt dialed" by Mr procopio. Haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...