Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI GP6 Grand Power Aluminum base pads

STI GP6 (Grand Power K100) base pads can be adapted from our new CZ 9mm 16 round base pads. We can drill out the smaller base pad keeper hole, and the through hole diameter is a perfect fit.

They fit and look great. I'm not sure if there is enough demand to do a GP6 specific run, but they are very easy for us to adapt.

post-1255-0-72029200-1392774225_thumb.jp

Yes, you can order the CZ 16 round pads and tells us in the notes section that you want them for the GP6/K100 and we'll get the right ones to you. We have a batch at anodizing, so they should ship early next week if you order more than a few of each color.

They are the same exact magazines, except for the drilling that we need to do in the front.

I am interested in the 23-round magazines from CZ-Custom. I would have to ask Angus if he could get them pre-drilled for the GP "crowd".

They are the same exact magazines, except for the drilling that we need to do in the front.

I am interested in the 23-round magazines from CZ-Custom. I would have to ask Angus if he could get them pre-drilled for the GP "crowd".

Can you post a photo of what you are referring to?

• 1 year later...

I have one of your basepads for the Grand Power. Very well made product, it adds a good bit of meat to the bottom of the pistol. Has anyone tried one in a box yet? I have no idea where my old IDPA box is.

I have been working with another company seeing what fits on these mags as well, and will be playing with various base pads as I can get time.

Nick, when you say the "drilling" we have to do at the front, have you actually done that yet? they are not quite exactly the same, they are close enough that they will work though!

I have no use for that many magazines, yet I am somehow still jealous of that pic.

I'm also intrigued by the grip choice...I never see anybody using that backstrap, and it is definitely the least natural to me. The stock one feels very 'CZ,' the big one is more 1911. The pictured one is the only one I've never actually shot with...perhaps I should give it a fair shake.

I suggest folks work backwards from the trigger in SA. With your finger in the ideal location in SA and your thumb and support hand mounted to the frame, is there any compromise in your grip? Add or reduce the grip so that you have nothing artificial about mounting the gun right the first time. For me the D back strap is ideal, but it's got to work for you.

Nick, when you say the "drilling" we have to do at the front, have you actually done that yet? they are not quite exactly the same, they are close enough that they will work though!

The GP mags need to have a hole drilled in the front to accommodate their magazine retention system.

http://czcustom.com/czts9mm140mmmagczc.aspx

They don't currently have them, but I would love to be able to own at least one for these limited-minor PF friendly matches, like the "Hosemasters" match at Rio Salado.

Not sure how familiar you are with cz. The mags you linked to are specific to the tactical sport frame. From the other posts I've seen the grand power mags are the same size as the standard 75s with smaller frames.

I run the largest back strap to get the most grip surface available. It puts the trigger a little far away on the first shot but not so far as to be any type of a problem.

I'm still not understanding why some folks are saying just drill a hole, the hole for the magazine release is square. so yes, you COULD drill it out but then you would need to file it flat to get it to work continually.

STI GP6 (Grand Power K100) base pads can be adapted from our new CZ 9mm 16 round base pads. We can drill out the smaller base pad keeper hole, and the through hole diameter is a perfect fit.

They fit and look great. I'm not sure if there is enough demand to do a GP6 specific run, but they are very easy for us to adapt.

Ok, I am convinced, I need more mojo anyway.

I'll order pads AND I am going to give the grip tape a try.

http://czcustom.com/czts9mm140mmmagczc.aspx

They don't currently have them, but I would love to be able to own at least one for these limited-minor PF friendly matches, like the "Hosemasters" match at Rio Salado.

Not sure how familiar you are with cz. The mags you linked to are specific to the tactical sport frame. From the other posts I've seen the grand power mags are the same size as the standard 75s with smaller frames.

You are correct, I did not want to buy without trying directly anyway.

I do believe one can use the extended base pad to add +2 but why bother? I am waiting for the 20-rd magazines to reappear to get 2 (since all my high cap magazines were stolen).

I'm a fan of 'em :bow:

10941910_10203543258847761_9026913851465

Hmm I see you are not a fan of the new safeties. I personally now love them. It took me a while. Thumb pushes down, trigger finger pushes up.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Actually, since that pic was taken, I've put the wide safety back on the left side, and kept the thin safety on the right. I use it as a strong side thumb rest and definitely prefer it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk