Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Monte Cristo

short_round

from Bennigan's

The Monte Cristo:

This sandwich is stacked with ham, turkey, and Swiss and American cheeses on wheat bread, then battered and fried ’til golden. Dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by red raspberry preserves for dipping.

... I can feel my arteries hardening, but it's just sooo good.

A good Monte Cristo is hard to beat, and I've had one at Bennigan's (without the powdered sugar or preserves). They do a mean Monte Cristo!

A variation is the same meats and cheeses, but on French toast instead of deep fried. It's not as good, but it's still damn good.

from Bennigan's

The Monte Cristo:

This sandwich is stacked with ham, turkey, and Swiss and American cheeses on wheat bread, then battered and fried ’til golden. Dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by red raspberry preserves for dipping.

:wub:

montecristo.jpg

-Chet

Don't forget the turkey, shred! The turkey makes it healthy! :lol:

People really can't comprehend how good the thing is until they try it themselves. And the thing is GINORMOUS. It's too much food for most people, but you can take it home with you (be careful of the dripping grease!).

hmmm  ... there are those Danish Butter Cookies.

Try them with peanut butter! :wub:

you can take it home with you (be careful of the dripping grease!).

Both are true statements. If you or someone you are with smokes, make sure the leftovers meet the minimum safe distance before lighting up. Under no circumstance should you approach an open flame while holding this doggie bag.

WAAAAAA No Bennigans here. No one has even heard of a Monte Cristo - did I say WAAAAAA?!?!?!

That's it, I need a California meal trip....

La Bamba in Mtn View for real burritos

Vince's Spagetti in Ontario California

Manzetti's for REAL pastrami sandwiches in West Covina, CA

Sabella y La Torre on Fishermans Wharf for Kat's Special Dinner (not on the menu, but they know me - sauteed scallops served over angel hair pasta!)

Bennigan's for a Monte Cristo

IN N OUT for a real damned hamburger!

Oh yeah, the Monte Cristo, one of the staples of life. If you don't have a Bennigans in your area, there is an alternative. There is a resturant called Garfield's that serves one. You get grape or strawberry jelly instead of the jam.

Vince's Spagetti in Ontario California

nonnnonnnonnnnnooonnnonnnnooo.....

You first have to try that neat little italian restaurant in Sausalito, whose chef is from Torre del Greco (near Naples).

You'll eat the best "Spaghetti allo scoglio" (Spaghetti with seafood and clams) you've ever tasted on that part of the pond... ;)

WAAAAAA No Bennigans here. No one has even heard of a Monte Cristo - did I say WAAAAAA?!?!?!

Potential Solution:

• Shoot the Indiana Section Match
  • Visit one of the many Bennigan's locations in Indianapolis either before or after or both
  • order Monte Cristo
  • enjoy Monte Cristo while sensing blockages in arteries starting to form
  • dream of returning for another some day