Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pretravel slop ?

Mlussoro

is there any way to get rid of pretravel slop? hennings flat trigger, adjust pretravel screw and get no reset, get reset slop, its really bugging me and i know the EGW sear and hammer make a difference but felt a few triggers with this installed and same issue? the only tang ever to not have this was nealios 9mm limited shortest reset ive felt in a tang as well.. just wondering if a different trigger bar can be used with stock components? any thoughts,, im running a match 40 cal right now and dont feel like dumping more money into it if i dont have to... (limited on its way) thoughts

apparently (I think I heard this via kneelingatlas) if you get a bunch of stock components (mainly disco, sear, trigger bar) and keep swapping out different combos then you can get it set-up quite nicely. all parts have a 'tolerance' and you want them to all stack up one particular way. it's not very cost effective though unless you have a bunch of guns or a bunch of spares to pick from.

Mlussoro- Just how much pre-travel are you talking about? Are we talking a good 1911/2011, a S&W M&P, a Glock, a revolver, what? My Match has a less pre-travel than any handgun that I've ever fired except a well tuned 1911. Or are you just looking for the ultimate race gun?

As for dumping money into a EAA/Tanfoglio Match; is there a better bargain out there? Mine was half the cost of a decent 1911 and a third or less the cost of a 2011. And as you said, Henning's or Grauffel's hammer and sear will reduce the pre-travel, even more.

I realize that the Limited is better, but its much more money, but I guess its worth it.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

its not much to be honest , and really the pretravel isnt the killer its only part of the deal, the reset mixed with slop was hindering my double taps.. never felt this before as much as yesterday.. its as if my finger would have to come completely off trigger to reset and slap the trigger back again? maybe its me i just want ultra short reset for doubles, and some creep.. i duno im getting picky i guess.....