Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Picking a 9mm Production Load

JP221

I just chronoed out of my Stock II a couple weekends ago and this was my results and the production load I'm sticking with:

Bayou Bullets 147

3.1 grains Titegroup @ OAL 1.120

Out of 10 shots, my data was:

High- 928. Low- 903

Average- 911.4

Extreme Spread- 25.8

Standard Deviation- 7.8

Power Factor- 133.5

Sent from my Flux Capacitor

I like Clays powder with 135gr Berry's plated bullets in my CZ.

Clays is the best. Have tried all powders and measured recoil lift by go pro super slow motion from the side. Clays had lowest recoil at same power factor, then n320. Tight group had most recoil. I'll try to find the video and post it tomorrow... Did the test a couple years ago...

Berry's and Extreme, don't know that I'm good enough to justify the added cost of MG, I'll get there one day though :)

My cz shadow used to like montana gold for around 10k shoots, then lost accuracy... Remember montana golds are brass jackets, which are tougher. Berrys double struck or extremes 147 are best

Glock 34 w/ KKM Barrel, 13# Recoil Spring

135 Xtreme RNFP
3.5g TiteGroup
1.130 OAL (+/- 0.002)
CCI SPP

Chronos out Avg 132-134 PF

2 different Chronos over 2 weeks, 30 random complete rounds picked from my March 2014 reloading session.

Edited by J.P. Thomas

• 1 month later...

Mine has changed to 147gr rnfp from The Blue Bullets, mixed brass, Winchester spp, 3.0 Titegroup. 1.120 oal. Out of a CZ 75b I average 900 fps all day, so a pf of 132.

Does it feel softer than a 125gr bullet? I'm shooting 125gr bbi bullets right no and my cz loves them.

Edited by R1valdez

Mine has changed to 147gr rnfp from The Blue Bullets, mixed brass, Winchester spp, 3.0 Titegroup. 1.120 oal. Out of a CZ 75b I average 900 fps all day, so a pf of 132.

Does it feel softer than a 125gr bullet? I'm shooting 125gr bbi bullets right no and my cz loves them.

Yes, to me it does feel softer. I have thousands of the 125 loaded up but I keep going back to the 147. When I shoot them 1 to 1 I can't tell a difference. But if I shoot mag A and then mag B completely I can tell you for sure which one is the 147gr mag.

I like 147 as I can feel the gun go lighter as it empties, I like the recoil impulse, I like using less powder as powder is harder to find than projectiles and my sights are all set up for the poi of a 147gr bullet.

Made several loads for my CZ Target last year. The one I like the most: 124gr Ibeji Heads RN, HS6 4.2gr, FSR & 1.135. Avg about 130-133pf in the summer. Very soft recoil and accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, to me it does feel softer. I have thousands of the 125 loaded up but I keep going back to the 147. When I shoot them 1 to 1 I can't tell a difference. But if I shoot mag A and then mag B completely I can tell you for sure which one is the 147gr mag.

I like 147 as I can feel the gun go lighter as it empties, I like the recoil impulse, I like using less powder as powder is harder to find than projectiles and my sights are all set up for the poi of a 147gr bullet.

When you say that your set up for poi of a 147gr. Did it hit higher than a 125gr bullet?