Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA full of fail still!

Intercooler2

Classic EAA. They won't give me a paid label with RMA #. On top of that they charged me $10 for a $5.15 USPS shipper and had the weight on the invoice marked 4 lbs. Yea... Okay!

I seriously need to find another source for all Tanfoglio parts.

You should have heard the BS lines she gave.

- Our policy not to give a printed label

- We don't have a way to give you a printed label

- We are at the mercy of our supplier on what parts get sent

- The $10 included a tracker

- I checked with service and they said the reds "should" work

If you know anything about any of the above... Hogwash!

I sent it back on my dime. In the future I will go to great lengths and possibly even used to avoid them!

At any rate it's a $16 loss for nothing. To top it all off I looked at the replacement follower and it's a dull finish unlike the Hunter follower. Many of the replacement parts aren't as expected it seems.

I spoke to Massimo Tanfoglio's son at SHOT Show. Unfortunately they have no plans or intentions of ever finding another US distributor, and worse, they seem largely unaware and uninterested in any complaints about EAA.

On a humorous note, at the Arsenal booth (makers of that new Strike One pistol), the sales guy proudly announced that once the ATF approves importation, they have a signed agreement in place for EAA to import the guns. The guffaw from about 6 people standing nearby was considerable. The look on the sales guy's face was pretty sad as all of us tried to explain to him that he just crushed any hope of ever seeing the guns on American soil.

I spoke to Massimo Tanfoglio's son at SHOT Show. Unfortunately they have no plans or intentions of ever finding another US distributor, and worse, they seem largely unaware and uninterested in any complaints about EAA.

On a humorous note, at the Arsenal booth (makers of that new Strike One pistol), the sales guy proudly announced that once the ATF approves importation, they have a signed agreement in place for EAA to import the guns. The guffaw from about 6 people standing nearby was considerable. The look on the sales guy's face was pretty sad as all of us tried to explain to him that he just crushed any hope of ever seeing the guns on American soil.

Wouldn't they import just fine. It would be the service that sucked.

I think honestly the best bet for all of us is to buy parts from outside the US (e.g. Canada) when possible. Just Avoid EAA all together. Isn't EAA's deal strictly with importation of guns? So therefore anyone outside the US should be able to supply us with parts and not be subject to Tanfoglio's wrath.

I'm a new convert to Tanfoglio. It started with a suggestion to try a Match for the wife. Then followed by Stiner converting me over to a Lim Pro in 45. Now I've got a Stock II and Limited in 40. I love these pistols, the only ones for far that follow my natural point of aim. The quality is pretty good and they shoot well. I just cannot stand EAA as a company. I'll keep shooting them, but parts will come from people such as Henning or Jim Bodkin and when they cannot supply, I'll look to Canada or Eric's site rather than dealing with EAA. Realistic? No idea, but worth a shot.

Rule number 1, have good customer service. So how do we get the attention of Tanfoglio and Aresenal with regards to the EAA issue? Tanfoglio has such a good reputation outside the US, you'd think they'd want to have the same here. So how does that get solved?

On the note of finding other sources, would the magazine followers from CZ magazines work in Witness magazines? I noticed that replacement followers on the CZ USA website are $3 each, at EAA they're $10 (up from $5 not too long ago). CZ 97 followers for K10 mags?

The 97 takes the same mag as the Tanfoglio .45, so yes this should work. I should check my .45 follower against a 10mm one and see if they are indeed the same...

you can probably get followers from mecgar directly

Last I checked (its been a few months) Mec-Gar's website said they weren't even selling whole magazines direct to the public anymore, I guess because of the shortages of ammo, mags and certain guns. But maybe this has changed since then.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CZ ended up being full of fail as well. They almost sent me .40/9mm followers, although I ordered.45's. I called back to cancel my order after receiving the e-mail invoice and now they say the volume is such they won't offer the .45 followers.

I phoned EAA up to order the black followers again :angry2: This time it was Dawn and she said she would check with the shop to make sure they are the black K10 followers. I ordered 6 at $5 a pop and look forward to seeing if they screw it up again.

You should have heard the BS lines she gave.
- Our policy not to give a printed label
- We don't have a way to give you a printed label
- We are at the mercy of our supplier on what parts get sent
- The $10 included a tracker
- I checked with service and they said the reds "should" work
If you know anything about any of the above... Hogwash!
I sent it back on my dime. In the future I will go to great lengths and possibly even used to avoid them!
At any rate it's a $16 loss for nothing. To top it all off I looked at the replacement follower and it's a dull finish unlike the Hunter follower. Many of the replacement parts aren't as expected it seems.

Kinda late now, but here's what I'd do.

1. Ask them for a return label, tell them that they shipped the wrong items and that you either need the correct items shipped to you, or a full refund.

2. If no label, new items or refund show up within a week, email them a reminder

3. If nothing still hasnt showed up within another week, file a complaint with the BBB in their state and dispute the charge with your credit card company.

The resulting charge-backs are going to cost them money, so if more people did this maybe they'd finally get the point?