Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Kydex for red dot gun?

ToysRUs

I have a new STi being finished with a Cheely mount and C-More RTS2.

This will be my new 3 gun pistol.

I am looking for a full kydex holster that has been moulded to work with this mount.

(No, I don't want a half kydex or a Ghost style holster)

I've had enough trouble at Blue Ridge type events with laying on the gun...I'm looking for the most protection

I may have to go local and have a holster pressed but was hoping someone here had done it before.

Any thoughts?

I've looked at COM and talked to them.

That is what I consider an open top kydex holster.

I would order one if the kydex wrapped the mount on up to the ejection port.

The RTS2 mount is right by the ejection port. I want to take advantage of that and protect more of the gun.

Saving a split second because the top of the holster is more open is not going to change my match. I want protection!!!

Edited by ToysRUs

Can't be to tough Bill.

I've made a half shell so my MTAC could carry my S&W 3913 and it was easy.

I really didn't want the pancake and rivet style.

I really want something like my comp-tac that will hold my 2011 and then heat and reshape it for the dot mount, then releave where it interferes with the mount.

How hard can it be if you can find someone to make the base holster.

Hello: I have been thinking of doing this for a while. I am going to make a pattern of my gun to use as the buck. That way I don't have to worry about damaging tha C-More. I think there is a hole in the market for open gun covered holsters with side mounted C-More's. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I have been thinking of doing this for a while. I am going to make a pattern of my gun to use as the buck. That way I don't have to worry about damaging tha C-More. I think there is a hole in the market for open gun covered holsters with side mounted C-More's. Thanks, Eric

And sell them????

And sell them????

Hello: Not me, I am getting ready to move and at the speed I am moving in the cold weather it will be a long time. I do think a big holster company could do this if they wanted to. Maybe a combo holster in leather and Kydex would work also. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...