Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon and SHOT Show - RT 1500 Trimmer

Just went live on be.com today too! July 2nd - excellent work - all the guys involved at Dillon!

Thanks Brian, At least on your site you can properly add the 300 BLK trim die to your cart (unlike Dillon's site). I am curious, will Dillon be offering a standard steel 300 BLK trim die or is carbide the only planned offering?

I haven't heard anythign on a steel 300 BO trim die from Dillon.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice if they were the industry first to offer a .300 BLK resize/depriming die.

What?

You know of someone who makes a Carbide .300 BLK resizing die?

Oh, you didn't mention carbide the first time.

There is the carbide one from Dillon that is the trim/sizing die but you already know that. I am not aware of a typical resizing/depriming die in carbide for 300BLK.

The RT1500 is not compatible with the GSI modified toolhead, as it is currently made. I have tried it myself. We are working on a suitable modified toolhead for both the 550 and 1050 machines.

John Wayne, if your CH4D die is intended for the normal trimmer motor, then you can use the RT1500 motor on it. We sell the motor only for just that reason, as the cordset and cutter blade interchange between the two models.

So can you or can you not run 5.56 to 300 in one pass with the 1500? Seems to be conflicting information, obviously it's not out yet, but still curious. Just wondering if waiting for the 1500 is worth it, or just buy a 1200 with the GSI tool head and make two passes.

Can anyone answer this yet? 1200 with GSI or 1500 with Dillon trim die/toolhead?

With spending that much money, I would have to be able to trim in one-step, otherwise...it makes no sense to buy the 1500 (for me).

Also, what about dies? Dillon says 30-60 days, however I just bought a 2-die Forster set (Benchrest), and was planning on adding a Lee FCD (needed?). Will the Dillon 3-set be better?

Edited by polizei1

If you use the RT1200 to shorten 223 into 300 AAC Blackout, the damage this does to the RT1200 is not covered under warranty. The RT1500 is a stronger design, and is suitable for shortening 223 into 300 AAC Blackout in one step.

At this time Dillon only plans to introduce the 300 AAC Blackout 3 die set with a carbide expander die. Lube will still be necessary, but the die life is longer, and it has greater scratch-resistance.

We expect to have modified 550 and 1050 toolheads available in September,2014.

Edited by dillon

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...