Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Master

Secretariat

If I may ask,for those of you,who have tried out the Recoil Master,what do you think of it?Does it really control recoil as compared to an ordinary steel guide rod?Would recommend getting one?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Secretariat

• 2 months later...

If I may ask,for those of you,who have tried out the Recoil Master,what do you think of it?Does it really control recoil as compared to an ordinary steel guide rod?Would recommend getting one?

Thanks in advance.

looks cool

IMO there are so many different contributors to control recoil that singling out one item is dubious. Powders, bullet weights, comps, recoil spring weights, etc., all go into controlling recoil.

I have a friend who uses a Recoil Master. It broke our last local match. Lucky for him he had another. BTW, when I shoot his gun it doesn't feel any different than mine.

If you are talking STI, they changed the design a bit recently. Bought an Edge last year & the RM bound on reassembly after cleaning & locked up the slide. It was a real pain to ship back to STI as the local UPS place didn't want to ship because they couldn't rack it and verify an empty chamber.

Had STI just get rid of the thing & send it back with a standard guide rod, which I prefer for the convenience of fiddling with springs.

STI may have changed the design back to original or otherwise fixed the problem by now, don't know how often the issue occurred but do know that other folks have had the same problem.

I replaced the Recoil Master in both my Limited & Open guns with a standard steel guide rod. Problem with Recoil Master (especially in a open gun) is that they are only available in either light or heavy spring. With a guide rod, you have a lot of choices. Plus I really couldn't tell the difference in recoil between the two.

Edited by klee

• 1 month later...