Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check my shopping list for Sp-01

Caffeinated

Getting a stock Sp-01 ready for USPSA Production.

Being new to CZ's, I'm getting a little lost in the different models and configurations.

Here is what I have so far in the cart at CZ Custom

6Rubber Base Pad For CZ Magazines$54.00 (to go with the 16 round Mec Gar mags I bought)

1CZ 75 Flat Mainspring Plug FULL SIZE$20.00

1CZ Front Sight Roll Pin Punch$7.50

1CZ 75 Competition Rear Sight Standard Dovetail$45.00

1CZ SA/DA & SA ONLY Competition Hammer$68.95

1CZ 75 Front Sight Pin$4.00

1Front Sight Drill$1.50

1CZ Fiber Optic Front Sight 1.0 x 6.0mm (2.75mm Blade)$35.00

Here is whats in the cart at Cajun Gun Works:

SRS-2 Short Reset System

11lb recoil spring

Trigger Pin (Item # TR-PIN)

Starter Punch

Billet Sear

RP-TRS Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring

Is there anything else that I'm overlooking?

Any input is appreciated.

This might be useful in case you have break in issues:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=22862.0

If you are someone who likes to 'be prepared', you could order from Wolff an extra power extractor spring and extra power magazine springs. I know folks recommend the mag springs to replace weak ones in the CZ SP-01 18 round magazine. I'm not sure if the 16 round MecGar has the same issue.

Get the H-PINs from CGW too for the hammer. You will probably not get the old ones out because they may be staked heavily. You probably need a staking tool or make one or judiciously use a centerpunch to keep the pins tight. Then stone the sides of the hammer to smooth everything up.

The firing pin block lifter spring. When you disassemble the sear cage as part of installing SRS kit from CGW, that spring is so tiny that it is really easy to lose, especially on a cluttered work bench. Think they're $3 each. Best to have a spare or two.

Edited by Wideload

For Production order your mags from Greg Cote LLC, Mecgar 17 round AFCs. Better mags, good coating , good follower and good base pad. They cost $24.95 each with $6.95 shipping. No trouble with the springs, run them just as you get them.

SRS-1 - Triple results - cuts the DA 50%, yet retains 100% reliability,

cuts the SA reset approximately 50%, plus allows you to dry-fire your CZ all you want. Includes our new 61050 "Perfection" FP and 61100 spring steel FP retaining pin.​ Includes our "blue" HS-13 hammer spring.

SRS-2 - This is a "Master" kit that allows you to tune your CZ for self-defense, range, or competition use;. Includes our HS-12000, 11.5# (black) and HS-13 (blue) hammer spring. HS-12000 can deliver a drop-in 6.5 - 7.0# DA for competition use for most primers. HS-13 will ignite any primer on the planet, 100%. Includes everything in the SRS-1 plus extras.

The "extras" include a lifter spring and the additional hammer spring (from the looks of the picture)

What is the difference between the Cajun SRS 1 and 2..... besides the extra hammer spring

One is for use with fpbs and one is for use without.

The type 1 disconnector is used for one without FPBS and the type 2 disco is used for one with a FPBS

Edited by cjfung10

The SRS 'systems' are BOTH only for firing pin block fitted CZ's.

if you have a shadow (no firing pin block) you can't use the 'system' you just buy the short reset disco.

The 2 SRS kit's. the only difference is kit 2 has the lighter hammer spring (as well as the same spring as the type 1 kit). they are both for FPB fitted guns.