Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Point Series

Gary Stevens

Awesome work BoD! It is great to see that the results are parallel to what was eventually agreed upon by many in this forum who posted their ideas on how to fix the PS. Special thanks to Gary and Rob for seeking the information.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Q- are signups retroactive or do you have to be in it from the beginning?

That is a real good question.

I would think that, for maximum participation, a shooter would be allowed to sign up at any point during the year. (People's schedules change during the year, and some might be able to actually make more matches than they might have thought at the start of the year.)

But, it would make sense to only count the matches shot from that point forward. If not, what would be the point of joining in the first place? I'd shoot, then see how I did...then decide if I wanted to enter, if they were retroactive.

How about allowing one retroactive match? Joe LocalHero wins top-B at an area match and suddenly starts thinking "maybe I should be in the points series?"

Obviously if you didn't have to sign up until the very last second would be sorta, well, pointless.

Awesome work BoD! It is great to see that the results are parallel to what was eventually agreed upon by many in this forum who posted their ideas on how to fix the PS. Special thanks to Gary and Rob for seeking the information.

Charles Bond is the one who brought the proposal to the board. The only change we made to his proposal before accepting it was "up to 2 section/state matches" instead of "up to 3 section/state matches"

Something I really like about the new system is that it will greatly reduce the amount of work match directors have to do (collect point series fees, mark people in the results, submit the fee to USPSA). Now, their only responsiblity is to make sure people show up on the scoresheet in the correct division with the correct member number, and to use the on-line major match results system. This is going to save competitors, matches and HQ lots of work.

Thanks to all the members of this forum who contributed in large part to the amendments the Board of Directors considered and passed this past weekend as to the Points Series. We also appreciate the positive reception these amendments have received on this forum especially since the amendments are just over 24 hours old.

Keep in mind that what Rob set out in his post are amendments to the present series. All of the other parts of the program continue to apply. You must register with USPSA or at the match but please do it on line with USPSA on line. For those members who get the word late, I will be at the Florida Open and we will allow registrations there. The registration is annual and you must register before you fire your first shot. The nationals match and all area matches are points series matches. Each area director may approve one "other" match within the area which must be level III and each area director may approve state or sectional matches to be part of the points series. So "other" and state matches need to apply to their AD for approval.

Since I am still decompressing from the Board of Directors meeting this weekend, I have not yet had time to show you what the payout will be under the new system. Had this system been in place last year, the winner in Open Division would have taken home $540.00 and the Limited Division winner would have received $600.00. With much more participation this year, we could easily triple those numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm a foreign shooter can I participate in the PS??.... I am a member of USPSA but I'm from Canada... I shoot often in The USA... area 5-8 and have been known to shoot Area 2 .... or is this only for USA region members?.... Also when you say Level III ... any Level III?? or just USPSA level III??? The world shoot is LEvel III also there are several Level III's in Canada ... would these count towards the point series?

Dan