Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Minority Rules This Country

Lifeislarge

I hate that Phil Robertson has been suspended and vilified for expressing his opinions. According to the latest statistics, only 3.8% of the population in the US identify themselves as being gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, or trans gender. 3.8%. Yet this minuscule segment of the population has a louder voice, and better representation than the rest of the population who really don't care. I hope the rest of the family stands behind Phil and tells A&E to f*#k off. This PC bullshit has gotten to the point where our 1st Amendment isn't worth the paper it's written on.

First Amendment doesn't apply here. A&E has every right to decide who and what they put on television. What I find ironic is that the pope is made person of the year because of-among other things-his perceived softening views on homosexuality. But if he were asked his opinion on Robertson's interview, I doubt the would say he disagrees.

I hate that Phil Robertson has been suspended and vilified for expressing his opinions. According to the latest statistics, only 3.8% of the population in the US identify themselves as being gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, or trans gender. 3.8%. Yet this minuscule segment of the population has a louder voice, and better representation than the rest of the population who really don't care. I hope the rest of the family stands behind Phil and tells A&E to f*#k off. This PC bullshit has gotten to the point where our 1st Amendment isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Phil, like most TV stars, I would imagine has signed some sort of contract. In those types of contracts in the fine print is a "morality clause". Typically, such clauses are meant say like Miss America beauty queens who have posed nude for Playboy. They end up losing their Miss America title and crown. I suspect the A&E has some fine print in their contracts where they have wiggle room enough to terminate the contract over just about any little thing.

As has been pointed out, the 1A only applies to what the government can restrict of Americans speech.

Does it make A&E's response right?

No!

I agree with you; this PC stuff has gone too far.

This has been my non-rebuttal reply.