Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mid range scope help

1911vm

I am looking for a mid range scope 2.5- 9to12 .something like this Vortex Viper HS 2.5 - 10 x 44. My budget is around 400 to 500 .any suggestions would be good. thanks

Edited by 1911vm

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Plus 1 for Snipershide classifieds I have 3 scopes from there and they are all as advertised. I have had the PST vortex and it is a nice scope for the price but I will take a nice used Mk 4 any day over one the click sets and rugged construction sell Me.

There is no substitute for good glass the old adage that you should spend as much for the scope as the rifle is a good start.

I would say the scope should cost more than the rifle. Lots of OTC Remington's and Savage rifles will shoot awesome with not work at all

but you wont know it with out good glass.

The SWFA SS line is solid for the money, can't remember the prices for the variables but I think they're a little above your stated budget but considering the options in your price range I don't think your gonna find what you want. Oh the Weaver tactical 3-15 is great too.

Just seen SWFA has a 3-9 for 600 and weaver now has a 2-10 for around 7 something. But I think you answered your own question with the first post. If your looking for something like the vortex 2.5-10, save up the extra Benjamin and get the vortex, you won't regret it. If your setting the bar with the vortex but spending 200 less, you may very well end up regretting it.