Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More CZ 75 TS questions from new CZ guy

walnutty

I Guys,

Finally took hold of my CZ 75 TS in 9mm yesterday. I'm very happy with my purchase. Best part is I don't have to send it out for a trigger job or upgraded parts.

Just have more questions about this gun as I'm very new to the CZ platform:

1. Does this gun use the same recoil spring as the 75B models?

2. What's a good recoil spring rating for shooting softer loads? (current load is ~4.0 gr of BE using 124 gr LRN bullet)

3. Would the SP-01 rubber grips fit this gun?

4. Noticed that the barrel is finished in a silver/gray color. Is this "in-the-white," stainless, or hard chrome?

5. Lastly, is the entire rear sight dovetail loctited in or just the set screw? (Had an SP-01 years ago which didn't stay w/ me long. I remember that I couldn't even move those rear sights)

Thanks so much in advance!

I Guys,

Finally took hold of my CZ 75 TS in 9mm yesterday. I'm very happy with my purchase. Best part is I don't have to send it out for a trigger job or upgraded parts.

Just have more questions about this gun as I'm very new to the CZ platform:

1. Does this gun use the same recoil spring as the 75B models? Yes

2. What's a good recoil spring rating for shooting softer loads? (current load is ~4.0 gr of BE using 124 gr LRN bullet) ~8-12#

3. Would the SP-01 rubber grips fit this gun? Yes (see below)

4. Noticed that the barrel is finished in a silver/gray color. Is this "in-the-white," stainless, or hard chrome? I don't think it's stainless nor HC, just some sort of coating

5. Lastly, is the entire rear sight dovetail loctited in or just the set screw? (Had an SP-01 years ago which didn't stay w/ me long. I remember that I couldn't even move those rear sights) Just the set screw, but the dovetail is tight!!!

Thanks so much in advance!

IMG_20131011_044200_443_zps203e411d.jpg

IMG_20131011_044214_340_zpsc75ccee3.jpg

IMG_20131011_044141_094_zps866a455a.jpg

I cut the rubber grip to fit the TS with the factory magwell. Doesn't take much. I used the factory grip as a template. The rear sight is quite tight without the set screw, but I was able to move it with a punch, vice, and big hammer.

The dovetail was so tight on my TS I couldn't drift the sight. I ruined two punches and gave up and ordered an adjustable rear from CZ. I put the slide in a mill and cut down through the dovetail part to get it to loosen up. The new sight went in and was snug like other sights I have done.

The dovetail was so tight on my TS I couldn't drift the sight.

Yeah, when I tried to move my SP-01 sights many years ago, the sight itself peened without moving. I'm not unfamiliar with moving very tight fixed sights. I've done this on several of my pistols, even 3rd gen. S&W pistols with the very tight Novak sights.

I have a 5" Wilton vise and have those very fat brass punches. I wouldn't want to mar anything on my new baby especially since the slide rails are external and may be more susceptible to marks/peens.

Maybe a torch is needed just to make sure any residual loctite from the allen screw has spread to the dovetail?

Will the aluminum grips from an SP01 fit the TS?

You may have to remove the magwell or trim the grips, but they will fit. I bought a set of long aluminum aggressive grips and trimmed the bottom to work with the aluminum magwell on my TS.

I am jealous. The TS was the first CZ i had ever picked up last year at SHOT show and I have been wanting one ever since. Well with going through college don't have a ton of money so last week i ponied up and bought a SP01 to shoot production with. To bad NC has some pistol permit law so I got to fondle the gun for a few minutes and back in the box it went until sometime this week when I can take it into my possession.