Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Southern Revolver Championship

hopalong

Count me in HOP,

Just put out the dates early so I can put in my request at work. Please try to avoid hurricane season .

Entry fee up to $100 would be practical.

Two day format with two different gun is a fantastic idea. I nominate HOP as President :) .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see it is still in the works. like the others said. Cheap airfare, hotels and rental cars are more important than the price of the match. I have no problem paying $100 to shoot a well run match. 100 per match, maybe 175 if shooting both matches. Definite discount for juniors. Not so crazy on the lewis style scoring though. But I can understand why you would need it for this match. I can see a large number of unclassified people shooting this match. I quit going to the SS classic after they went to lewis system. Last year I shot it a master class shooter won b-class.

I'm a member of USPSA, I just don't shoot revolver there due to a fear of being DQed for breaking the vertical 180 on my reloads.

I've read about this concern here on the forum, and it makes me curious.....has anybody ever actually seen this happen at a USPSA match?? Somebody getting DQed for bringing the barrel too far "up" doing a Jerry-style reload??

It seems like you'd have to do something just grotesquely weird with your left hand while you're thumbing the ejector rod to point the barrel even slightly backwards and break the vertical.....right??

:blink:

Mike (et al) - It's never happened to me, and I don't know anyone to whom it has happened. It's just paranoia...and it gives me an excuse to shoot my bottomfeeders, since I rarely shoot them in IDPA. (I just shot a regional IDPA match yesterday with my CZ-75, and you could tell I don't shoot bottomfeeders that often! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :( [Abysmal doesn't begin to describe my performance]).

my vote goes for Nashville (since it is near Ft Campbell, and my 20 yr old whos in the 101st Air Assault should be back from Iraq late August-early October), and the match fee should be in the $95-125 range with a discount for a second entry......and if there is any prize table, do it by random drawing......

Frank

p.s. just glad to have power after Wilma....98% of us lost power

What I'm going to do is put the Idea down on paper and give a copy to the Nashville and memphis USPSA reps for the clubs.

Give them time to go over it and get back with their own propositions/suggestions....the one with the best "Ideas" will come out the host club.

Memphis is the site for the 2006 Tennessee Section match and I am pretty sure they will move the match back to the last weekend in September like it used to be for as long as I knew it.

That may or may not conflict with the "SRC" as I plan on sometime in October to take advantage of the normally NICE weather then.

Either range is excellent for the match, and both offer great opportunities for stage variations to be taken advantage of......

In the mean time while the clubs are hashing it out I will be sending the "Idea" on paper to Ruger, Tarus, and S&W to see if they want to have anything to do with it.......(with the tidbit of Info that Mike Bane said he'd film the thing).....everyone likes publicity ;)

The biggest thing I see is I need to know the date for the USPSA Nationals......seems like our president is finally hearing that we don't like shooting Nationals in the middle of JULY!!!!

I have spoken with several quite good and well known auto shooters that also shoot wheels that have said they would attend if it was after Nationals to where they wouldn't mess their auto shooting up......(The more the merrier!!!)

Any way, there you go.......a little more to tempt/tease :P

Will keep all updated when I have more news.

HOPALONG..........The sucker for punishment <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Gary (Round Gun Shooter); if at all I can make it, I'll be there (and may even bring my wife...another GREAT reason to get another gun- my 625 is too big for her!)

HEY HONEY, wanna go shooting down South??????

Hope to hear more....

• 2 weeks later...