Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody using a Bladetech OWB holster for a 4.5 or 5.25 9mm/40?

tha1000

If so, I have a favor to ask. I traded for a bunch of gear recently. One of the items is a bladetech OWB holster for an XDM. I'm just not sure whether it is for a 4.5 or a 5.25. If somebody has one and could provide me a measurement from the cutout at the barrel lug and the muzzle end of the holster, I'd be very appreciative. I think it's for the 4.5, but I'm not certain and have a house full of glocks with no way to figure it out myself. Thank you for your time.

I'm getting a measurement of about 3.375" on the one I've got. I'd think the 5.25 would be closer to 4".

Edited by tha1000

I have two for the 5.25 and will try and measure them tonight. Why two you ask? Well, I had one that fit my 5.25 and wanted one for my 4.5. I saw one offered on-line and listed as fitting a 4.5. The picture looked exactly like mine. I asked the seller was he absolutely sure it was for a 4.5 and he said yes, he had tried a 5.25 and it would not fit. So of course you know what happened. I bought it, it came, and it is for a 5.25! I did not mind as it is only 3/4" too long and the price was right but you wonder about some people sometimes.

I have two for the 5.25 and will try and measure them tonight. Why two you ask? Well, I had one that fit my 5.25 and wanted one for my 4.5. I saw one offered on-line and listed as fitting a 4.5. The picture looked exactly like mine. I asked the seller was he absolutely sure it was for a 4.5 and he said yes, he had tried a 5.25 and it would not fit. So of course you know what happened. I bought it, it came, and it is for a 5.25! I did not mind as it is only 3/4" too long and the price was right but you wonder about some people sometimes.

Ha! I am trying to avoid becoming THAT guy! It's hard to find anything other than a generic stock photo of these holsters. If I could trouble you for a picture as well, I'd be very appreciative.. and would cut you a hell of a deal on a blade tech owb for a 4.5, if indeed that is what I have.

Edit to add: I tried to add a pic of mine, but I do not have enough posts to post a picture apparently.

Edited by tha1000

I have a 5.25 Canyon Creek 9 mm as my main gun and had Rich do my 4.5 that I already had the same way as backup - grip trigger and sights - sometimes use that just to keep it limber and the same rig - Bladetech OWB - tech lock etc. and it works fine for both. The holster I have is open bottom so that might help.

I forgot my 5.25 holster last Sundays match. I was going home. Waited for the shooters meeting and asked if anyone had a spare XDM holster? Lo and behold, I got a YES! His Blade Tec holster was for his 4.5, but worked just fine for my 5.25. Shot the match.

JD

This is my BT DOH for 5.25 measured from the notch at the beginning of the sight channel.

attachicon.gifphoto (6).JPG

Thanks Sarge, that tracks with what I was thinking. Makes this one a 4.5. Could I trouble you for a shot of the side of the holster to see if the mold matches what I've got?

I am sure it is the same for both guns. Typically the only difference is length but I will send a pic in a few minutes

Thank you sir. Reason I ask is that I'm working off the assumption the OWB is for a XDm because it came with factory xdm mag pouches. But the mold looks like it could be an xd instead of an xdm... Not sure if they use the same mold for both or not.

Thank you. That is different than mine. Ill rack up some posts until I can post pics. This has to be for an xd.

take it to a gun shop and see what fits...

I thought about that. I found out a buddy owns an old xd, will try his first and then probably take this route.

• 4 weeks later...

So the 5.25" worked OK with this 4.5" tec lok holster, cool.

Looking at Bladetech's web site they appear to only list the Black Ice 5.25" with adjustable stingray loops but the 4.5" with many more options.

Brownell's has the Black Ice w/ tek loc but doesn't state which gun it fits.

I guess I'll contact Bladetech to be sure I get what I want.

So the 5.25" worked OK with this 4.5" tec lok holster, cool.

Looking at Bladetech's web site they appear to only list the Black Ice 5.25" with adjustable stingray loops but the 4.5" with many more options.

Brownell's has the Black Ice w/ tek loc but doesn't state which gun it fits.

I guess I'll contact Bladetech to be sure I get what I want.

Order it from Shooters Connection. They list them for specific guns. They have plenty in stock and they are cheaper AND you will have it in a few days. Register as a forum member and get even more of a discount!

Trying to decide between this and the comp tac international for my 4.5 for idpa. Like them both but have never held either.

ive got a comp tac for my xdm 5.25. I like it better than the blade tech holsters ive got for other guns.