Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oversized mag release

AgentSmith

Nobody has challenged me on it yet; probably because they are more curious why i'm still shooting a Beretta. The good thing is, it's more easier to prove that it's a legal part for a production gun.

Regarding SSP, I don't shoot IDPA; but I hope you can use it. Good luck!

IDPA rule is that it can be used if it was in another production gun that has a manufacturing run of at least 2,000 a year. For discontinued guns, the total number of units needs to be at least 20,000. So I guess the question is, does anyone know what the total production run was for the 92 Stock, assuming it's no longer produced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is my favorite mag release button for the Beretta. It's from the 92 and 96 Stock and Combat models. Also the Billennium. I seriously doubt they made 20,000 of any of those models. IDPA used to have a limit of how tall the mag button could be. Not sure if that was revised in the new rulebook that took effect 10-1-2013.

You think $40 is expensive for a mag button? It is a bit steep, but this one is $125. http://bulletworks.com/bulletworks/R.Side_Mag_Catch.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I was told that it wasn't IDPA SSP legal. (It is ESP legal, tho... )

If you want an SSP-compliant button, run the E2-style catch.

They replied back to me a while back (early 214) and said it was ok. I doubt anyone one would call you out on it. That would make a double standard, since I heard it's a readily accepted mod for Glocks.

• 4 weeks later...