Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Could someone point me in the right direction real quick?

Therealkoop

Looking for a powder for 9mm with 124g FMJ projectiles. This is mostly for 3 gun so I'm not looking at making anything much past 135PF. My local fun store has some options in stock, but since I am completely new I wasn't sure which direction to go. These are what I see available for 9mm type stuff:

Accurate No.2

Accurate No.5

Accurate No.7

Win WSF

Win Autocomp (Already own 1 lb, suggested by an friend, I run an M&P 5" pro without a comp, might not be what I want exactly)

Blue dot

Bullseye

Silhouette

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head. If anyone has an opinion on what to start with I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

EDIT: I should add that the projectiles I ordered are here (also by recommendation): http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/9mm-124-grain-Plated-round-nose-1000-count-1000-9mm-124-RNP.htm

Edited by Therealkoop

I use 4.0gr of Bullseye under my RMR 124s @1.135 OAL. This makes 132pf out of my M&P pro and G34. Have been using this load for almost a year now with excellent results. The 124gr HPs are really great also.

The RMR 124 round nose at 1.135 right?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone I'll check back later. Ive got a slot of learning to do when it comes to OAL/burn rates/ect.

I use 4.0gr of Bullseye under my RMR 124s @1.135 OAL. This makes 132pf out of my M&P pro and G34. Have been using this load for almost a year now with excellent results. The 124gr HPs are really great also.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone I'll check back later. Ive got a slot of learning to do when it comes to OAL/burn rates/ect.

What gun are you running them in? The OAL will depend on your chamber. You can run them as long as 1.150.

1.145 is good for the RN

1.135 is good for the HPs

What gun are you running them in? The OAL will depend on your chamber. You can run them as long as 1.150.

1.145 is good for the RN

1.135 is good for the HPs

Sorry, Im running a 5" M&P pro. One has a KKM barrel, one has a factory barrel. I was worried about going too high on pressure due to seating depth.

You shouldnt have any issues with pressure with that load. Its a minor PF load, I have been running it for about a year now with zero issues.

Thanks man, Ill try it out sometime!

AA#5

VV N320

Unique

WST

Bullseye last

Why would you rate them this way? Legitimately interested. Thanks.

WSF, AA5, AA7, and Silhouette all will do well. I personally like Silhouette as it always gives me the power factor I want in either 9mm or 40cal with room to spare and burns cleanly and consistently. I have nothing against the other powders either and in your gun any could be outstanding, I just have really good luck with Silhouette.

WSF cost effective alternative to VV powders

No flash for low light stages

low standard deviations

Soft push in hand-- very subjective

meters well

has been consistent for me with in a 30 degree temp swing

fairly available

I'm running 4.7 grs with either 124 HAP's or MG's, 4.3 with 124/125 bayou's or now SnS gold which I'm told is the same coating Bayou uses just a different color.

Hope this helps

by the way I've used all the other over the last 38 years and they work well also. I just settle in on WSF