Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this a "Feature" or a flaw in my CZ-75B

kirbinster

I was out shooting a steel match this weekend and noticed that about 70% of the time when I slam a new mag into the gun the slide slams shut by itself. Sometimes it does not do it and I don't know if it is because I did not slam the mag in as hard or what. Is it designed to do this or is there a defect in my gun that is allowing this. One person told me that it will happen all the time if I have the gun pointed up at a 45 degree angle, but might not if I have it pointed straight out. So, bottom line is it designed to do this or is something wrong with my gun?

Most of my cz do what u describe, I do not believe it is designed that way. I do not believe it is a flaw. It's not the only firearm design where it is present in reloading. I believe it is due more to the plastic mag follower than anything else. The more they wear, the more it happens

I can do this on all my Glocks and my CZ that I sold recently. Ialso noticed that It happened on my 1911 the other day during a match. I have not seen this happen on my 1911 but I have no problem with this as it will speed up reloads.

Howard how is that new 75b?

Why are you slamming mags into the gun? There is simply no need to do so.

All semi auto's can do this if you slam the magazine in hard enough and at the right angle.

I guess cause I learned from experience if I don't that sometimes the mag does not catch and falls out - at least I've had this happen with 1911's. Maybe slamming is not the correct word, maybe its more slapping.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with the mag release wire.

what happens is the slide has locked back and the slide stop is holding it. when you push in the new mag it jolts the slide stop and slide is release.

it's of benefit for fast reloads. the real question though is why are you running dry all the time!?! you should be planning your reloads and still have at least 1 round in there. then it becomes a non-issue. :)

Not in IDPA where it calls for slide lock reload

gun just has to go dry, no procedural for no slide lock

Not sure I understand your distinction here. The gun must go dry, which means nothing in the chamber, therefore the slide should go back. Or am I missing something here.

Not in IDPA where it calls for slide lock reload

gun just has to go dry, no procedural for no slide lock

Not sure I understand your distinction here. The gun must go dry, which means nothing in the chamber, therefore the slide should go back. Or am I missing something here.

not a requirement, some firearms are incapable of slide lock after last shot by design

Glock actually calls the part a slide release

Edited by cnote