Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Outlaw Matches?

Gose is right. I've been around a bit and the term "outlaw" was always to referred to a 3gun match that ran it's rules different than the old standby USPSA-ish rules set. Had nothing to do with terrain.

A bit? Youve been around since it was knife, bow and club :P

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now Jesse, I'm just walking that "mile" in your shoes! :)

The underlying point of that whole experience fur me and everyone involved is that every match has different rules and those rules are understood differently by different people. We had 4 people interpret then differently, myself, RO, MD and RM all came to different conclusions. It was all because of a rule that exists only at that match as far as I've seen. What 3 gun nation is doing with their regional outlaw matches is removing those inconsistencies from match to match.

Yeah, you should be happy that they didn't go with the match directors call....that is for sure....but that would have been my call.

This would normally be the point where I follow your thread drift and ask why you didn't make that same call on Daniel at the ProAm last year but I won't go there cause nobody cares. This thread is about the 3 Gun Nation Outlaw Regional Matches. So let's keep those goods questions about the upcoming matches going.

I heard a rumor they may be getting a huge sponsorship from the Generous folks at Freedom group. I see Stag Arms is already in too. I'm guessing the prize table is gonna be sick!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

So if 3GN isn't using USPSA rules it's an outlaw match, right ?

Glad we can put that one to bed!

Sorry but this one isn't going to bed! The answer is wrong. You really should leave branding to the corporate office. Something tells me that the folks who run 3GN would probably want to be in on the naming convention if it has to do with their business and their program.

Boy oh boy. I watched some football, went the the kids basketball game, hit Cabelas, loaded some ammo, tried out the new smoker, processed some game meat and cleaned the garage. I stopped by this thread to see if this had all been settled. Maybe by next weekend. :)

So will The Regional Match in August at Rockcastle be taking the place of the AR15.com match usually held the following weekend ?

Most certainly not. The AR15.com/ Rockcastle Pro-Am is the 4th weekend as always.
That close together will be difficult for many to attend both matches due to work constraints, travel time and expenses,..... Love shooting at Rockcastle and loved shooting the Pro-Am this year. Considering the already established match that sells out in seconds, I would have thought scheduling those two matches further apart at the same venue would have been a better idea.

That close together will be difficult for many to attend both matches due to work constraints, travel time and expenses,..... Love shooting at Rockcastle and loved shooting the Pro-Am this year. Considering the already established match that sells out in seconds, I would have thought scheduling those two matches further apart at the same venue would have been a better idea.

I'm still trying to figure that out myself.

Out of a handful of matches that I wouldn't want to risk contending with....that would be the top match I would not compete with in the middle of the country.

Not saying both won't be successful, BUT if I were going to make a push for the Pro Series I would have to decide if that push/match would be worth missing the Pro-Am. There's no way I could afford that much time off work, or would want to spend 9 hours driving to and from two weeks in a row. You could choose to go to a match further away by traveling to another region I guess, but I would be more inclined to pick one or the other.

There is nothing but damage for the Pro-Am too, IMO. There won't be an issue in it selling out, BUT those top end "semi-pro" shooters that make up a good chunk of the top 15-30% of scores at the Pro-Am may not make the trip twice. That could lead to an even bigger gap between the Pro shooters who destroy those stages, and the next set of scores

I am not sure 4 matches with the same rules and similar format would make any if them very outlawish.

I think we have already determined that outlaw means non confirming to the devil USPSA rules. From now on 3GN will be outlaw to me . Thanks to all the old farts on here for educating us younguns!

So will The Regional Match in August at Rockcastle be taking the place of the AR15.com match usually held the following weekend ?

Most certainly not. The AR15.com/ Rockcastle Pro-Am is the 4th weekend as always.

The wife and I are staying all week. A couple nights in Nashville. A day trip to Jeremy Parker's personal moonshine still. Maybe a cave tour or two and it time for more 3 gun on sat/sun.

The wife and I are staying all week. A couple nights in Nashville. A day trip to Jeremy Parker's personal moonshine still. Maybe a cave tour or two and it time for more 3 gun on sat/sun.

A luxury we do not all have unfortunately. My businesses close when I'm out of town.

I am not sure 4 matches with the same rules and similar format would make any if them very outlawish.

I think we have already determined that outlaw means non confirming to the devil USPSA rules. From now on 3GN will be outlaw to me . Thanks to all the old farts on here for educating us younguns!

and thanx fed paying into my social security.

So if 3GN isn't using USPSA rules it's an outlaw match, right ?

Glad we can put that one to bed!

Sorry but this one isn't going to bed! The answer is wrong. You really should leave branding to the corporate office. Something tells me that the folks who run 3GN would probably want to be in on the naming convention if it has to do with their business and their program.

Sorry dude I called dibs on outlaw in the title first. Game over!

Heck I like the term outlaw so much now I think ill use it in my SASS nickname when I sign up in a few years when I'm Kurt's age. Outlaw 3 Gun Nation Jesse James, BOOM! :P

The simple answer is that I like Daniel....well you get the rest! :)

I think that says it all I need to hear about your credibility as a MD/RM. You don't get to interpret the rules based off of who the shooter is. Your job is the interpret the rules as written. This really makes me look forward to the ProAm match! :)

This cowboy type rule interpretation is yet another thing 3GN is likely going to eliminate by having one rule set.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Out of a handful of matches that I wouldn't want to risk contending with....that would be the top match I would not compete with in the middle of the country.

Not saying both won't be successful, BUT if I were going to make a push for the Pro Series I would have to decide if that push/match would be worth missing the Pro-Am. There's no way I could afford that much time off work, or would want to spend 9 hours driving to and from two weeks in a row. You could choose to go to a match further away by traveling to another region I guess, but I would be more inclined to pick one or the other.

There is nothing but damage for the Pro-Am too, IMO. There won't be an issue in it selling out, BUT those top end "semi-pro" shooters that make up a good chunk of the top 15-30% of scores at the Pro-Am may not make the trip twice. That could lead to an even bigger gap between the Pro shooters who destroy those stages, and the next set of scores

If I owned The Rock I'd be hoping that the hotel is full for a week straight. I'm gonna venture to guess that they will have shooting related fun going on all week. You can fly to Nashville on SW pretty cheap. Fly in late Friday and out late Sunday or early Monday. Why drive 9 hours each way? Edited by Jesse Tischauser

and thanx fed paying into my social security.

I didn't mean to offend anyone that is old. I don't even know how old you are sir. If we have met I apologize for not knowing who you are when I see a tiny little avatar and the name Outerlimits which I'm sure is not you're real name. By Old Farts I was referring to the two guys in this thread that sound like my grandpa by wanting to teach me a lesson on everything 3 gun rather than discuss what the thread is actually about. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Why drive 9 hours each way?

They won't let me fly the plane, I like my rectum unmolested, and I don't trust someone else to take care of a case with $8-10,000 worth of guns and ammo that I worked hard for. I haven't flown since 1993 and didn't care for the experience back then.

Plus, I bought a little Escape that gets around 30mpg and can listen to books on tape on the road if solo. It cost around $150 round trip for fuel and the number of days off work (what hurts the most) would remain the same regardless if I flew or got up early and drove.

Why drive 9 hours each way?

They won't let me fly the plane, I like my rectum unmolested, and I don't trust someone else to take care of a case with $8-10,000 worth of guns and ammo that I worked hard for. I haven't flown since 1993 and didn't care for the experience back then.

Plus, I bought a little Escape that gets around 30mpg and can listen to books on tape on the road if solo. It cost around $150 round trip for fuel and the number of days off work (what hurts the most) would remain the same regardless if I flew or got up early and drove.

You can shave a day or two by flying and you'll be more refreshed if you do. But if you simply won't fly like a lot of us then I guess it's on you to decide if you can handle missing more work.

It will be interesting to see who shoots which matches.