Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 TASK FORCE DAGGER 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP - March 28-30, 2014 - Legion

WOW! What a match. I can't really add anything to what's already been said. Great stages, great people, amazing prize table, and the most worthwhile cause. A big THANK YOU to Mike, Andy, and all the ROs. This has become my favorite match of the year hands down.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, popped my cherry on my first major with this match. It was amazing, Friday definitely tested myself as a shooter and my gear and then everything cleared up for 2 more great days of shooting. Prize table was great, I'm surprised I finished 56th and walked away with the prize I did.

Thanks to everyone who put this match on and helped out. Big thanks to the ROs, every stage we went to on Friday, they all were happy, or seemed at least, and kept spirits high while shooting through the mess.

Looking forward to Blue Ridge this year to finish it off.

I had a great time at the match and thought that was the best bunch of shooters having the most fun possible in the worst weather imaginable on Friday. I've added a new term to my vocabulary after Tommy Thacker got done with his run on Stage 2. He held the gun together for his last two shots which was a technique I've not seen before :). He had apparently damaged the shotgun on a previous stage and then had some issues on Stage 2 after "fixing it".

Thackered : The act of unintentionally disassembling a firearm in a safe condition while placing it into a dump bucket.

(adjective)

Example : He thackered his shotgun when the empty receiver ripped off the barrel and magazine tube and tumbled into the ground.

post-8870-0-13210700-1396291860_thumb.jp

post-8870-0-45084500-1396291949_thumb.jp

post-8870-0-78866100-1396291965_thumb.jp

A big thanks to everyone who let me video tape you on Stage 2... I'll be doing a bit of a video mash up as time allows. If anyone would like to contribute your video and pictures of the good , the bad and the wet and muddy for the mashup I'd love to see it. Drop me a note.

-Todd

Many thanks to Andy, Mike, Legion, everyone one involved, esp. the great ROs. Wow, what a prize table. Thanks to all the sponsors.

Great stages, and great fun.

I heard a rumor that the state of Commifornia is considering asking Andy to run some three gun matches there. They say they could use the rain. (I kid, I kid)

(I did have to add to my sig. line after this match)

Thanks again to all involved.

Thackered : The act of unintentionally disassembling a firearm in a safe condition while placing it into a dump bucket.

(adjective)

Jesse Tischauser did it last year at CTC, auto-ejected 6 or 7 rounds onto me, in the dark, but he grounded it safely. Happened to Travis Gibson at SMM3G this past weekend as well. Look a bit further and you will find there are several more of these among the open shooters.

Glad you all had fun. :)

This was one for the record books! The match was incredible. All of the stages were challenging and fun to shoot. The match ran smoothly despite the weather conditions. The prize table was great. Mike and Andy did a remarkable job setting this one up and running the match. I'll definitely be back next year!

Cheers,

Kelly

Awesome match for a stage and a half! Kind of liked the way it sucked on Friday, and then my glock decided it did not want to be cooped up in its holster and jumped out on stage 1. I did not notice and thought they were yelling at me to be carefully in the mud, then I looked back and saw the matched ended for me. Lesson learned.

I would like to start off by saying thank you to all that attended the 2014 Task Force Dagger 3-Gun Championship. Despite the bad weather on Friday we were able to stay on schedule and complete the match thanks to our GREAT ROs and staff! It would have been impossible to do it without them.

A HUGE thank you to all of our great sponsors that participated and supported this years event. I think it is safe to say that we had an EPIC prize table for all of the competitors. A huge... thanks to our title match sponsor Adams Arms for stepping up in a big way and smothering the prize table with great product and guns. On top of that they continue to support the Task Force Dagger Foundation in a huge way!

Gold: JP Enterprises, Lancer, Leupold Optics, Oneida Molded Plastics, Otis Technologies, Remington Defense, Schmidt & Bender....

Silver: Berger Bullets, Double Star Corp, Kel-Tec, Magpul, Samson Manufacturing, Strategic Armor Corps, Tactical Night Vision Co., Warne Scope Mounts....

Bronze: ATK, B5 Systems, Barnes Precision Machine, Beretta, Colt, Costa Del Mar, Daniel Defense, Dissident Arms, Ergo Grips, Exos Defense, FNH USA, Hear-Pro, JABs Extreme Steel Targets, Knights Armament, Nightforce, OSS Mission, Sierra 7 Bipods, KFS Industries, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Stag Arms, Steiner, TAC-SCI, Telluric Group, U.S. Tactical Supply, Vortex Optics, XRail, Templar Tactical, Mega Arms, Thunderbeast Arms....

Contributors: Brownells, Darley Defense, Desert Tech, Geissele Automatics, Glock, Kestrel Weather Meters, Lapua, Oakley Elite, Shooters Connection, U.S. Optics, G-code, London Bridge

I would also like to say thank you to Legion Operator Training Group for allowing us to host the match at their awesome facility. There is no way we could have the challenging stage designs without having it here.

Also, thank you to Henry's for providing the great food during the match as well as the outstanding dinner on Saturday evening. We are definitely going to request that they come back again next year.

We hope that everyone had a great time and I'm sure that there are many stories that will be told for years to come! We would love to see any videos and photos that you may have. Feel free to post them if you have them and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Stay tuned for more updates and next years match announcement.

Take care and good shooting to you all!

Mike

Task Force Dagger 2014 is done. I can say that it was a challenge but it can not compare to the challenges of the men and women that have served our country protecting our freedoms. I thank all of those that have served. The Task Force Dagger Foundation is truly one that gives back to those it serves. If you do not know of it, I encourage you to research it.

I know I have only been shooting for 9 months but this has been the most challenging conditions to date. Friday served up a day of rain, mud and wind. Targets disappeared, hands were numb and running was hard. Saturday served up hard stages and thick mud with sun. Sunday gave a bit of a reprieve, sun and stages with solid ground. My body was tired, sore and bruised in the end. I finished a well planned and technical match. I would like to thank the RO's! You all did a great job! Match directors - great match! My squad mates, Chris Sell, Chris Cazin, Jake Latola, Adam Maxwell, Clint, Dave, and John. You were very supportive and hard working. I would like to thank JP Enterprises, a fine manufacturer of superior precision rifles and sponsor. A shout out to Cap Arms for great ammunition.

• 4 weeks later...