Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 10-25-13

Sarge

What in the hell is wrong with the youth in our society? The answer to every little problem in life seems to be to go kill some people and then kill yourself! WTF??

Then there's this:

I don't know if this made national headlines yet or not but, yesterday, about a half mile from my house a 16 year old boy got mad at his parents for grounding him. Whats he do? Ties their bedroom door shut and sets the house on fire!! His journal shows he was clearly planning to kill them. They managed to survive but had to be rescued by the FD.

If I had a penny for every time I was "wronged" in this life I'd be a wealthy man. I just don't get it.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/butler-county/liberty-township/police-16-year-old-charged-with-attempted-murder-after-setting-home-on-fire-with-parents-inside

I believe they found a similar inscription on a wall in ancient Rome or Pompeii. :ph34r:

Flame #2 - may have to move this to humour, not sure, I was not laughing yesterday.

We had an attempted burglary at my Gunshop in August. One of the boys got in before I did and discovered the front door damaged, so I rung the Plod (like the real Police but slow moving).

Me, "I would like to report a Burglary"

"Certainly Sir, one ,moment I will put you through to the control room"

Me, excellent start, "Morning, my shop suffered an attempted burglary last night"

"Did they get in"

"No!, the security is pretty good"

"No problems, give me your details and we will send you some forms for the insurance company, and if you like you can fill them in online and we will get an enquiry team out later this week, just go onto www.canbefeckingbotheredtoattendamereburglary.com and fill in all your details"

"That's nice (Mrs Browns Boys, Google it), I should point out that it is a Gunshop!"

Pause for silence whilst the wheels really get up to speed.

"No problems sir we will be right on it." Now it took me 8 minutes to drive 15kn, in the city. They took about a minute more than that to go the same distance. We have had two big hits on gunshops just the week before and they got away with a bunch of guns from both.

4 Cars loads turned up. Mostly guys we knew. Anyways we nearly ran out of coffee.

Good video, Serious Crimes guys came out straight away, no bad for a Saturday. They had 7 in custody within a week. The other two took a week longer once a couple "co-operated"

Fast forward to yesterday (Friday our time) should have known. Now this is as best as I can recall now that my blood pressure has dropped and I have had a beer.

I got a phone call from the Youth Justice "Team" over the "robbery".

Me, nicely, for now, "what may I help you with?"

Waste of my Taxes (sorry, Youth Justice Co-ordinator MIZZZZ something unpronounceable), "Hello Sir, we are having a 'restorative justice conference' for two of the young men that broke into your shop"

Me, "Pardon?!"

WOMT, " We would like you to attend a meeting to express you views on how this crime has impacted you"

Me, "Would you now?"

WOMT, "Yes, we feel it would facilitate (blood starting to boil a bit) a better understanding of how the justice system handles these young people"

Me, "Riiiight, . . . . . . . . . Not interested"

WOMT, "It is important that we find a way forward (another word that gets me a little prickly)

in this matter"

Me, "I don't think so. The only justice I want to see is them locked up and for a goodly time"

WOMT, "Well we don't think that would help"

Me, "It would help me"

WOMT, "This is part of the pre-sentencing report that is forwarded to the Judge for his consideration when he passes his sentence."

Me, "LOCK THEM UP, tell that to the Judge, I do not want to spend one second in a room with them, I don't care what happens to them if they are locked up, in fact (I was getting into a stride here) I think they should go away with the big boys to really teach them a lesson, those kind of people (and it turns out she is one of the same "kind" of people) need to have the bum holes made large enough to accept a coke can, to really teach them a lesson. If they don't get out for a long time it will suit me"

WOMT, "t does not work like that"

Me, "It would if I had caught them on premises, just remember what kind of shop I run"

WOMT, "I don't think that would have solved anything."

What I said next was uncalled for and I don't regret it one bit.

Me, "are you bloody kidding me? Of course it would have solved something, the fecking crime for a start, saved a bunch of money, no wasting it on Restorative Justice Meetings and Bloody useless social workers"

Not sure what the reply was as I was not listening.

End of call.

That feels much better, now what tablets did the Dr say I need??