Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TGO's loads

MoNsTeR

In the latest Ask Rob...

http://www.robleatham.com/answers041113.htm

...he reveals that he shoots factory ammo! Winchester USA 165's in .40, and Ranger 127 +P+ in 9 major.

Of course mere mortals can't afford to shoot factory ammo all the time, much less $25/box LE stuff like the Rangers, but it does kinda put all our load-hunting in perspective doesn't it?

Robbie picks up his own brass. He generally cleans up after himself at the range as do most folks at Rio Salado.

I have also seen Robbie pick up other people's bass and set steel at the Tuesday Night Steel Matches. TGO really is a good role model for all (including GMs) shooters. He is NO prima donna.

• 2 weeks later...
that ranger ammo is some sweet major 9,

out of my glock, 172 pf..

and the recoil wasnt that bad..despite the lack of weight, ports and compensator...

in a 50 oz open gun, its probably a dream to shoot.

Wow, 1324 fps? Most I've been able to chrono is 1250 out of a 4.7" barrel!

TGO = IPSC's first million dollar man

IIRC, TGO's million dollar contract was for $100K per year for ten years with Springfield. Endorsements and other activities probably add to that, and perhaps the contract has been renewed for more bucks. Longevity and wise investment may have made Robbie financially secure, but I'd bet that Bill Wilson and Mike Dillon are the real millionaires who made their money in the action pistol sports.

first million dollar man..... that like the 6 million dollar man.... THAT"S gotta be it he's not alll human is he!!!!!

Steve,

back in the early 90es Springfield Armory had a nice advertising for their guns. It depicted TGO as a Terminator, showing metal under face skin, and a robotic red eye... :ph34r: