Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northern Nevada

ErikW

I need to figure out the landscape mode on my camera or the linked-photo mode then you guys will really be impressed.

I was motorcycle riding. If I can spin my truck on flat asphalt I shudder to think of the damage I could do rock crawling with it.

No handgun; still haven't got the chest holster. The conditions were so good I could have gotten away with an Uncle Mike's nylon thumb-break, as there was zero dust.

Came across some guy on an ATV with his tiny little kid (no helmets) and a cased rifle. One refrigerator with painted bulleyes :( and numerous shell casings. When I saw the fridge target I rode real slow on the trail across it, looking up the canyon for people shooting at it. Maybe that was unneccessary, as the type of person who would bring an old fridge out to shoot would probably be within seven yards of it.

Holy shjt, we got 4-6" inches of snow in the valley overnight. And me without a snow shovel. Planned motorcycle ride postponed. Planned snowboarding gear shopping postponed. I figure if I have to walk out to the mailbox, I might as well take a tour around the neighborhood with my camera. (In for a penny, in for a pound.) Now I'm back sipping my second mug of hot tea (not chai!).

You can see the ducks in the water; they have made the turn and are swimming north, away from the camera.

link to more pics in Yahoo photo album

There are pics of a hooligan in a highly modified Jeep driving around in the empty lot across the street.

post-645-1112229244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erik Warren

I took my bike out to Moonrocks today...

Obviously, I didn't get very far. It was fun for a while then became kind of stressful. The farther I rode, the deeper it got. There oughta be a law about snow below 6000 feet. But if you can't beat em, join em: I'm taking my snowboard up to 9700 feet tomorrow.

post-645-1112229428_thumb.jpg

post-645-1112229443_thumb.jpg

post-645-1112229460_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erik Warren

• 2 weeks later...

I snapped a couple of pics today near the top of a nasty trail on a big hill. To the east is Pyramid lake. (In the valley is a glider airport.) To the west is another valley and more hills.

post-645-1112229606_thumb.jpg

post-645-1112229628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erik Warren

• 2 months later...

41#s... I had to double check that one... never seen Cutthroats get big before, I was sure it was going to really be some Lake or Bull trout.

These specimens had an average weight of about 20 pounds; a 41-pound Lahontan cutthroat caught in Pyramid Lake in 1925 is the all tackle world record for cutthroats. In 1938 water was diverted from the Truckee River and the Lahontan became extinct except for populations maintained by stocking, none of which attain the large sizes they once did, yet a number of fish from there have become line class world records in the 1980s and 1990s

Pretty impressive.. now people bring ladders and fish for them so they can cast out further... I don't get it..