Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know what the rules say, but aren't we as RO's supposed to have a little common sense and discretion?

That is a bit of a catch-22, no? Aren't you basically suggesting that the RO's should make calls that aren't supported by the rule book. In fact, you'd be making a call in contradiction to the rule book.

Where does that take us?

I wonder why the shooter with the magnet wasn't corrected at his first stage before the LAMR command.

At the SS Nationals I check the first squad of the day, each day, to make sure they are in rule compliance. If they are not, I get them there and then nobody gets bumped to Open.

Unfortunately not all stages take this extra effort to try to keep the shooter out of trouble.

I wonder why the shooter with the magnet wasn't corrected at his first stage before the LAMR command.

At the SS Nationals I check the first squad of the day, each day, to make sure they are in rule compliance. If they are not, I get them there and then nobody gets bumped to Open.

Unfortunately not all stages take this extra effort to try to keep the shooter out of trouble.

I heard Troy told him he might want to take it off. He decided not to....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then sounds like no one is to blame but himself.

Well if that is what happened I hope he enjoyed the Open experience.

I've seen you shoot, they cost you a national championship. I'm with CB45, I'd raise hell with the buggers. Lol

So out of curiosity to what PMC would say I sent them an email.

I don't expect anything, but find it interesting that what they use as their standard at the plant

The PMC plant uses the following specifications.

PMC : 1,110+/-70 f/s (at 15ft)

Is not what they list on their website

Caliber 9mm Luger Product Line Bronze Line Bullet Type FMJ Weight (grains) 115 Velocity-Muzzle 1150 Velocity-25 Yds 1099 Velocity-50 Yds 1057 Velocity-75 Yds 1020 Velocity-100 Yds 988

From: "Richard Henderson" <richard.henderson@pmcammo.com>

To: "Jake Martens" <jakemartens@comcast.net>

Cc: "Richard Henderson" <rhenderson@pmcpoongsan.com>

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 6:38:28 PM

Subject: RE: PMC Bronze 115gr

Dear Mr Martins,

I am sorry you are not satisfied with the PMC Bronze 9mm 115gr loading. The ammunition in question does fall into the specifications for 9mm 115gr ammunition set by SAAMI. Most all manufacturers of ammunition for the US market follow these recommendations.

It is unfortunate you were not able to test the ammunition before your trip and prior to the shoot.

PMC ballistics data is calculated by using current data for each load. Velocity figures are from test barrels; user velocities may vary from loads listed. The data in the table represents the approximate behavior of each loading under the following conditions: 59 F, barometric pressure of 29.52 inches, sea level altitude.

SAAMI set the specification for 9mm 115gr ammunition as follows, SAAMI : 1,125+/-90 f/s (at 15ft) The PMC plant uses the following specifications.

PMC : 1,110+/-70 f/s (at 15ft)

I encounter one or two complaints similar to yours a year. There is nothing I can do to remedy the situation.

Personal Regards,

Richard Henderson

PMC Ammunition USA

richard.henderson@pmcammo.com

281-703-8146

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:18 PM

To: richard.henderson@pmcammo.com

Subject: PMC Bronze 115gr

Subject: PMC Bronze 115gr

Message Body:

On 10/8/2013 I purchased 10 boxes of the PMC Bronze 115gr 9mm ammo to compete at the USPSA Nationals. I purchased your ammo based on the specifications that you list on your page http://pmcammo.com/wp/product/bronze-9a/

USPSA competition requires that your gun and ammo must make a specific power factor in this case it is 125PF ( bullet weight x velocity/1000) Based on your published information you ammo out of my gun, which was a Smith & Wesson M&P 9L with a match grade 5 inch barrel, should have made this power factor easily being that I only needed to average 1089 fps with the 115.1gr bullet. However for 7 rounds my average was only 1072 fps for a power factor of 123.4. Because of this I shot the match for no score. I would like to speak to someone about the performance or lack there of of your ammo.

--

This mail is sent via contact form on PMC Ammunition http://pmcammo.com/wp

On the flipside, the manufacturers can't account for every different kind of barrel, firearm, conditions, etc. and can only give approximations. It should be the shooters responsibility to chrono their ammo, especially going to a Major. It sucks but there should be more preparation next time.

From what I have seen, a lot of the ammo manufactures could care less about the quality when they receive a complaint It does suck going for no score at a major based on factory ammo not making PF

It does, but it really is my fault

this was somewhat of a last minute decision to go and thrown together with borrowed gear (I was supposed to be shooting a friends XDm 5.25, however it was forgotten) and a used gun that I purchased the week before the match. The first time I shot the gun was at an indoor range in Tulsa I found after I figured out that I forgot to bring the XDm.

I was glad I got to go and my overall finish would have been 98th.

I had some really good stages and some that I pushed too hard and got mikes on swingers (and a no shoot)......

you know it took me awhile to figure out that this was minor scoring and not my limited gun!!

Last update before I was removed

Competitor A52987 - JACOB A MARTENS

Match: Local Match

Date: 10/16/13

Club: US01 US01

Production, Minor

Place=98

Stage 1, Window Pain, HF=5.0196, place=150

Stage 2, Accuracy Through The Ports, HF=6.4036, place=53

Stage 3, Push Button Start, HF=5.1973, place=177

Stage 4, Watch That Sight, HF=6.8100, place=43

Stage 5, Reloading Blues, HF=4.7527, place=94